OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Minicom And Other Stuff, minicom working on 6000l
post Mar 6 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,901

Ok i had to flash back to the sharp rom casue i could not get minicom to work right with my hp switches. But i want to get back to pdaxrom as soon as possible. Has anyone out there gotten minicom to work with a serail cable (not usb to serial)?

Also just some observations. First i really love pdaxrom and i consider it my "home" on my zaurus and i know that the 6000 i have is in the minority. That being said i discovered that i miss a few things about the sharp rom. I miss syncing with evolution (not really with the sharp apps but with the the kompany apps). Please dont throw stones but i just dont like kopi on my desktop. I also miss alarms that go off even if the pim is not open. I want to thank everyone for the work that was done to get kopi to wake up the Z and run an alarm. This is a huge step and was the main reason i could start using pdaxrom daily. But having to keep kopi running and watching to make sure it didnt crash every time i use the Z gets time consuming. I miss zplayer. I see a python mplayer frontend here in the forums that will soon be on my z so maybe i wont miss this one anymore. Finally i miss netfront. I have (thanks to people in #cacko and oe forums ) found links with graphics that seems to fill this void but it might take a while.

Again please dont consider this a down on pdaxrom, its the finest rom out for my 6000 and I love it. This is just meant to be helpful feed back, and maybe a cry for help to fill these voids.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 11:17 AM