IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sharp Hc-6000cn, Like the Hitachi Flora-ie MX1, but black
jcabrer
post Mar 15 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,429

So it seems that Sharp has their very own PocketPC version of the Zaurus SL-6000.

http://www.sharp-ssp.co.jp/products/kigyou...s/PocketPC2003/

I've been researching the Hitachi Flora-ie MX1 for some time now, and I'm surprised at how difficult it is to find someone who actually owns one.

http://www.hitachi.co.jp/Prod/vims/solutio...ile/pda/hw.html

If anyone fluent in Japanese could search for Japanese user forums for either of these products, I would like to confirm wheather or not the special menus are available like on the SL-6000. The goal of course is to see if system dumps are compatible between all three machines. Beyond that, maybe dual-boot.

I originally sold my iPaq 4350 to get the SL-6000, but I'm finding it very hard to live without Skype.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
stuey
post Oct 29 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,486

I own a Flora - imho its faster than my previous Z's 760 - if I could find a way to nand dump - reset d + P doesn't work- I love to try - any suggestions?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 30 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(stuey @ Oct 29 2006, 09:43 PM)
I own a Flora - imho its faster than my previous Z's 760 - if I could find a way to nand dump - reset d + P doesn't work- I love to try - any suggestions?

I presume the other combos, reset D+M, reset OK don't have any effect.

If you can get into this mode, it'd be interesting to see if the menus are the same as a Z 6000... also the boot code would be useful just in case anyone DOES manage to take a stock 6000 and add rom/ram! We do, in theory, have the boot image from a 6000D which had extra rom/ram.

Can you tell us how big the flash memory is, is it partitioned up?
- I am wondering if there was space so it could be dual-booted?

Can you tell us what the bluetooth module is inside it? Is there any diagnostics information available you can post? I suppose it's too much to ask to open it and take some photos? ohmy.gif

Does the wireless do WPA, or are you stuck with WEP like the regular linux sharp rom?

I would suggest very strongly you make multiple backups, each time copying one off the flash card to your PC, and do a full byte comparison, just to be sure, before you flash to Sharp QT/Linux. We do have a ROM image for a 6000D which should work.

intriguing.

sorry to bombard you with questions, but these florae are a very rare beast - how did you get hold of one?

Paul

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 10:58 PM