Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Zmacsync Question
HoloVector
post Mar 22 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,420

Hello,

I'm new to the Zaurus and I am very interested in ZMacSync since I am also a Mac OS X user. My TiBook is running Tiger so, I understand that I need to use the latest ZMacSync beta and I also understand that the sync feature is currently not working on this version and it only does a Mac to Zaurus copy.

What my question is when will the Zaurus to Mac copy be reactivated?

I mainly use whatever PDA I'm carrying to enter new contacts, calendar items and tasks in the field and then copy it over to my TiBook when I get back home. My TiBook is basically the backup server for this data and my PDA does all the reminding, look ups, etc...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mac
post Mar 27 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,228

I basicly gave up on searching for a complete sync solutions like palm's hotsync ; My main agengda is on my laptop, so I export everything every 2 days as 1 big .ics and import this in programs from http://www.pi-sync.net/ works great for me. you can setup a simple script that deletes the old file and replaces it with the new exported file, the oposite is also possible, export on the zaurus to .ics and import in ical (I use daylite)

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Mar 28 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,420

QUOTE(Mac @ Mar 27 2006, 01:00 PM)
I basicly gave up on searching for a complete sync solutions like palm's hotsync ; My main agengda is on my laptop, so I export everything every 2 days as 1 big .ics and import this in programs from http://www.pi-sync.net/  works great for me. you can setup a simple script that deletes the old file and replaces it with the new exported file, the oposite is also possible, export on the zaurus to .ics and import in ical (I use daylite)

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check out pi-sync but, DayLite is a bit too pricey for me. I'll see how well imports into iCal work for me. iCal should then be able to sychronize with Entourage and my iPod Mini thanks to the Tiger Sync Services. That would give me four copies of my calendar which is more then enough backups. Hopefully, I can try something similar with Address Book....

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 08:29 PM