Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Zmacsync Question
HoloVector
post Mar 22 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,420

Hello,

I'm new to the Zaurus and I am very interested in ZMacSync since I am also a Mac OS X user. My TiBook is running Tiger so, I understand that I need to use the latest ZMacSync beta and I also understand that the sync feature is currently not working on this version and it only does a Mac to Zaurus copy.

What my question is when will the Zaurus to Mac copy be reactivated?

I mainly use whatever PDA I'm carrying to enter new contacts, calendar items and tasks in the field and then copy it over to my TiBook when I get back home. My TiBook is basically the backup server for this data and my PDA does all the reminding, look ups, etc...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ralphrmartin
post Mar 22 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,192

QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 22 2006, 06:37 PM)
What my question is when will the Zaurus to Mac copy be reactivated? 

Basically, it seems to be too difficult for the developer to sort this out, and to make ZMacSync do what it was orignally intended to do, i.e. a full sync. Unfortunately, ZMacSync development has essentially stalled at being a Mac to Z copier for a long while now. I paid my shareware fee with high hopes, but it does not look like they will be realised.

If you ONLY want to back up, the simplest thing is to do a backup on your Z to an SD card (and perhaps copy the SD card contents to your Mac using a CF Wifi card - that's what I do, anyhow).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 11:24 AM