2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Dual Boot Linux Handheld, By letux
kahm
post Apr 29 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,809

Personally, I'd find the HTC Universal to be a very compelling buy if it had linux. smile.gif

Letux looks like a nice project. The n30 is too far a step backwards from my 3100 right now, but I'll keep an eye on it to see where it goes...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danboid
post Apr 29 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 8,789

I spoke to the main developer porting Linux to the uni a couple of weeks ago and at the time charging wasn't even working properly, nor was resume.

Can anyone conform the uni can get good, true hi-speed USB2 transfer rates? Also, anyone know of a cheap supplier in the UK?

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Apr 30 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,806

anyone know of a cheap supplier in the UK is not the problem

anyone know of a cheap supplier is the real problem wink.gif

i had a friend who had a A680 linux phone from motorolla (pxa250 bassed) that was nice. but i cant live without a keyboard

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post May 2 2006, 06:05 AM
Post #19

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(danboid @ Apr 30 2006, 08:02 AM)
I spoke to the main developer porting Linux to the uni a couple of weeks ago and at the time charging wasn't even working properly, nor was resume.

Can anyone conform the uni can get good, true hi-speed USB2 transfer rates? Also, anyone know of a cheap supplier in the UK?

a key point of the current linux-on-uni project is that you end up with a dual-boot machine, so you can get the worst of both worlds - the bug-ridden mess of windows mobile 5 and an unstable incomplete linux port! What more could you want?!!!

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kahm
post May 2 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 4,809

QUOTE(speculatrix @ May 2 2006, 08:05 AM)
What more could you want?!!!

tongue.gif

That's easy. Wifi in the Zaurus!

wink.gif

+Quote Post
handheld-linux
post May 10 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 6,662

Dear all,

we have fixed some bugs on the Letux.org home page. Now, the product index http://www.letux.org/swi is working where we will announce new software releases there.

If you want to familiarize yourself with the basic operation of Letux on the Acer n30, a Quickstart Guide can be downloaded: http://www.letux.org/releases/Quick%20Star...0Acer%20n30.pdf

We are also working on a downloadable demo version for self-installation, although we can't recommend it. Download volume is approx. 30 MBytes, then you have to partition an SD card correctly and install the files. This alone can take easily hours. Therefore we have the complete version on an SD card (compare to the price of an empty 512MB card with lifetime warranty): http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Letux%20on%20SD

Nikolaus

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 10:43 PM