Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Python 2.4.3 For Sharprom, Updated my python-for-arm-linux feed
Mickeyl
post Apr 25 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 907

Hi SharpROM and clones-lovers,

I've updated my python-for-arm-linux feed at PythonForSharpROM with Python 2.4.3. This time I used a very ancient Embedix SDK in order to make the packages work with the SharpROM.

I'd be interested in knowing
*) whether they work for you and
*) whether the SharpROM feed is still of any use for you.

The URL for the project page is Python-for-arm-linux - note that the package browser points to the "modern" feed, which is atm. older than the SharpROM feed ;-)

Happy Python'ing,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mickeyl
post Jun 1 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 907

fpp, I see, that makes sense. I guess I should provide a coupe of metapackages and/or perhaps a huge ipk that contains a lot.

+Quote Post
sleepy
post Jun 22 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,739

QUOTE(Mickeyl @ Jun 1 2006, 01:09 PM)
fpp, I see, that makes sense. I guess I should provide a coupe of metapackages and/or perhaps a huge ipk that contains a lot.

Thanks for continuing to provide these packages Mickey. I like your feed as it lets me install what I need to flash so that I can script without my SD card if I need to. Also, it looks like OZ 3.5.4.1 is looking good for Akita. Might have to try it whenI have time biggrin.gif

Sleepy

+Quote Post
enodr
post Nov 26 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,537

I know this is quite an old thread, but I have been playing with cacko ROM for a few days and your Sharprom python feed is very usefull for me. I have seen that you have moved it to linuxtogo, so that's a good point and I hope you will let it live here for a long time (I have googleing a lot and your feed seems to the only one where you can find python ipks for sharprom.)

The only thing that won't work is pyqt but looking at the OE recipe, it seems because it was built against libqpe / libqte versions that are older than the ones on sharprom. I'll try to have a look, because pyqt ipks are no longer available on the official site (but I found a working one here: http://dragos.com/zaurus/pyqt_3.8-1.0_arm.ipk)

Other info is that I have been playing a bit and managed to compile pyiw and it works on sharprom. (but I haven't managed to make a proper .bb recipe, just compiled by hand tweaking the Makefiles). I'll now try to make a simple Wireless connect assistant user interface.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 01:38 AM