IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Quantumstep And Zmacsync, projects are being continued
dhns
post Apr 27 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,043

From several sides I get questions that you are wondering why there have been no new releases yet this year and if we have given up the Zaurus. The answer is no - but we have had slower progress recently. Reasons are manifold - other projects, coworker's capacity and availability, change in Mac hardware&software configuration, major redesigns of the architecture which has to catch up again etc.

But I think you might be interested in what is on the agenda:

ZMacSync:
* complete real bidirectional syncing (this is a very complex design since we don't want to loose or scramble information and/or have entries synced back and forth)
* Sync of bookmarks with NetFront
* more bug fixing

QuantumSTEP:
* complete rework of the drawing engine to be more compatible in API and visual appearance to MacOS X
* include alpha blending of scaled&rotated images (partially based on Xrender)
* use Xfreetype to allow for antialiased fonts and arbitrary rotation of drawn text
* review and add missing header files and classes of to be compatible to MacOS X 10.4 Cocoa (Tiger)
* read binary property lists and keyed archives generated on a Mac
* real Framework file substructure
* directly read Interface Builder NIB files (instead of needing to translate to an internal format)
* KVO, KVC, Bindings
* printing in PDF format to files
* native PDF viewer
* additional ports to Nokia N770 and Letux Acer n30
* QuantumSYNC to sync contacts, calendar etc. of QuantumSTEP with a Mac

But before you ask, I can't promise or announce when all these things are working or published. But there will be announcements. And you can support us by making suggestions what you need for your projects and applications.

-- hns
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 12:33 AM