OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How2 dial into GPRS using blueZ+dialup applet?
Flowmoon
post Feb 23 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 11
Joined: 29-September 03
From: Netherlands
Member No.: 518



I got stuck with setting up a dial-up connection thru GPRS on my SonyEricsson Z600...

Dialup over GSM and GPRS from my laptop works fine:
* dial-up over a normal GSM line works from the Z, using BlueZ and the dialup applet from http://my-zaurus.narod.ru/bluetooth.html -so apparantly the Z and the phone are paired and the dialup applet does it job fine.
* dial-up over a GSM line AND GPRS both work fine from my Win2k laptop, using the same blue monkey bluetooth CF card which I use for the Z -so also the phone appears to be OK.

But if I try to dial-in from my Z using the settings below then the CF card LED flashes one or two seconds, the phone shows a BT link but no GPRS connection icon and the Z shows "initializing modem" forever until the connection is aborted after about one and a half minute.

The dialup applet settings for the GPRS connection for my provider (Orange Netherlands) I took from various sources -and again, these same settings work fine if I dial up from my PC:
* account: username and password are set to "orange" (actually I believe an arbitrary string would be OK), phone number to dial: *99***1#
* modem, BT device: /dev/rfcomm0, init string: AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet", speed: 57600, hardware flow control 6 secs
* network: all set to auto-detect
These settings match a data account CID=1, APN address "internet" on my phone.

What might be the problem here /what did I overlook?

Thanks for any suggestion...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
tamarian
post Feb 24 2004, 02:17 PM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 45
Joined: 30-January 04
Member No.: 1,617



I don't use cell phones for GPRS, but I did find this docuemt helpful:

http://kotinetti.suomi.net/mcfrisk/linux_gprs.html

Try some of the scripts from the command line, and if it works, copy the script over to override your applet script (named DIALxxxx
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
maslovsky
post Feb 26 2004, 07:38 AM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 1,426
Joined: 22-October 03
Member No.: 89



Try to add this string instead:

AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet"

Also, make sure that you've configured /dev/rfcomm0 device using instructions on this site.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Flowmoon
post Feb 26 2004, 01:51 PM
Post #4





Group: Members
Posts: 11
Joined: 29-September 03
From: Netherlands
Member No.: 518



It works!!

This "cgdcont" is apparantly the key: I found a file /etc/ppp/peers/DialupBluetooth-etc (suppose that is what you meant with "DIALxxxx script") which appears to contain the information entered using the dial up applet, including the "cgdcont" line -then found an example script which suggests to simply enter "ATZ" here (or in the corresponding line of the dialup applet) -and it works, finally managed to get a connection thru GPRS, browse the internet with Opera etc.

Amazingly really because all sources suggested a line like AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet" -and this also worked from my Win2K laptop.. Suppose the reference to the data account CID=1 through the dialnr *99***1# is enough to do the job..

Anyways, thanks for your suggestions -another happy Z browser!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 01:13 PM