Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Touch Screen Problem
dfisher
post May 11 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

Folks,

For some reason, the screen on my SL-6000 is not responding to input. I baby this thing, using both a screen protector & Piel Frama case. Any suggestions? Am I cooked?

Thanks,
Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
undrwater
post May 11 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 500

When you say not responding, I'm assuming you mean: Tap | nothing, Tap| nothing...

Have you tried a reset? And barring that, have you tried to reformat? Instructions are in the wiki on oesf.org.

+Quote Post
dfisher
post May 11 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(undrwater @ May 11 2006, 08:32 AM)
When you say not responding, I'm assuming you mean: Tap | nothing, Tap| nothing...

Have you tried a reset? And barring that, have you tried to reformat?  Instructions are in the wiki on oesf.org.

Yep, your description of the problem is correct. I've tried both hard and soft resets with same result. Checked dmesg and there don't appear to be any drive load errors.

I'll have a look at the reformat instructions. Sounds extreme.

+Quote Post
dfisher
post May 11 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(dfisher @ May 11 2006, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE(undrwater @ May 11 2006, 08:32 AM)

Have you tried a reset? And barring that, have you tried to reformat?  Instructions are in the wiki on oesf.org.

Yep, your description of the problem is correct. I've tried both hard and soft resets with same result. Checked dmesg and there don't appear to be any drive load errors.

I'll have a look at the reformat instructions. Sounds extreme.

I believe the problem has been solved. I un-installed the most recently added software (VNC Server). Performed hard reset and screen is responding now.

+Quote Post
Mjolinor
post May 11 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,405

I had the same problem with Cacko and something to do with the libraries needed for Gaim.

That's as specific as it gets as it was a spare Z that I lent to someone and they gave it me back not working. I just removed things in the reverse order to which they had been installed and the touchscreen started working again.

+Quote Post
post Apr 4 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,990

I too had my touch screen stop responding on me. After much panic, I uninstalled the VNC server and rebooted. Now all was well.

+Quote Post
dhns
post Apr 5 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,043

QUOTE(dfisher @ May 12 2006, 04:53 AM)
I un-installed the most recently added software (VNC Server).  Performed hard reset and screen is responding now.

That is a *** very *** common problem with VNC server on Sharp ROM. There should be a large warning somewhere that VNC server tweaks the touch driver.

I had the same after doing my FOSDEM presentation using VNC to forward the screen content on a Mac and a beamer smile.gif

-- hns

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:34 AM