Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lotus Notes And Zaurus
climber
post Jun 7 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,574

Hi,

I have a SL-C3100 Zaurus with Cacko 1.23. In general I feel good with the zaurus but now I want to synchronize my Zaurus with Lotus Notes. Regrettably I haven 't enough knowledge or experience to come along with it.

I spend much time to find anything working at this forum but with no success!

One entry at this forum "http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=72&t=5351" talks from Intellisync 5.00.02 which should have "Lotus Notes Connectors" but sadly this version of intellisync isn 't available anymore. Does someone has it and maybe could provide it for me.

Did someone manage it to synchronize Zaurus [Ko/Pi, KA/Pi, email] with Lotus Notes?
unsure.gif

Regards
climber
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ragnorok
post Mar 10 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 781

- I'm at home now, and rediscovered this thread. It appears all copies of v16 are borked, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

- I also found a file called notesyncb21.exe, which is a self-extracting ZIP that contains a Notes Template, but I can't see to get at the design of that template, even it defaults to Manager. (shrug) I know there's a way for people to hide code but I've never known what it was, nor encountered it before.
- One down side is this appears to be an upgrade from v1.x, because the instructions say to copy and paste documents from your v1.x NotesSync into this one. I'm hoping, without having tried it (no connectivity to the laptop at present) that all of those documents are "state" information, and if a sync is done with a 'virgin' install it'll work. I stuck it on here just in case.

- I can't upload a self-extracting ZIP, so I renamed it to "notessyncb21exe.zip". It is NOT a ZIP. Strip the .zip and make it .exe, and it will extract a .NTF (notes template) and a Readme.txt to your directory of choice. Sure I could have repackaged it, but this was simpler. (shrug)

- Hope this helps...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  notessyncb21exe.zip ( 152.01K ) Number of downloads: 7

+Quote Post
ofels
post Apr 16 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(Ragnorok @ Mar 11 2008, 01:35 AM) *
- I can't upload a self-extracting ZIP, so I renamed it to "notessyncb21exe.zip". It is NOT a ZIP. Strip the .zip and make it .exe, and it will extract a .NTF (notes template) and a Readme.txt to your directory of choice. Sure I could have repackaged it, but this was simpler. (shrug)

- Hope this helps...

Just found that thread, too.
As we are migrating to Notes here, I think IŽll give it a try and report afterwards in the next 2 weeks.

Otherwise I found a JAVA library to access Lotus Notes database and I believe it should be easy to hack something together which reads out contacts, datebooks and todolists to generate the appropriate XML files for the Z.
Now I just need some time to do this...

Oliver

+Quote Post
Ragnorok
post Apr 30 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 781

QUOTE(ofels @ Apr 16 2008, 03:56 PM) *
Otherwise I found a JAVA library to access Lotus Notes database and I believe it should be easy to hack something together which reads out contacts, datebooks and todolists to generate the appropriate XML files for the Z.
- I've thought of doing this many times, particularly since I use KDEPIM and it stores in a standard format. It should be easy enough to whip up some Java to 'swap-spit', especially since I do system-to-system integration with Domino for living. (grin)
- Domino, btw, doesn't need a "library" for Java access to its data ... it supports Java natively and ships with a JVM for JSP, servlet, and other such support. Each iteration of Domino adds more Java awareness; though we don't yet have R8 where I work it looks like quite the deal from a Java standpoint. Even R6 allows Java development right in Domino Designer, and external JARs are usable back to R4.
- Alas, though I've owned a Z for six years, coding some Java to sync data has never attained sufficient priority for me to bump some other activity in its favor. In fact, sync never has and doesn't stand a huge chance of ever being important to me. (shrug) But I agree it should be not only doable with Java, but not overly complex to boot.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2014 - 09:41 PM