Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beware The Idus Of March!, ...or something
AntiPasta
post Jun 13 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,152

Good day, folks,

my first post on the board! If there's any place where I am supposed to make a more formal introduction, please be so kind to let me know.

Anyhow. After drooling over Zaurii for months I came across a cheap used SL-B500 which I promptly bought. The previous owner imported it and installed OpenZaurus 3.5.4 with Opie 1.2.1.
Apart from a host of SD/MMC related troubles (which I shall bore you with some other time), the date keeps resetting to March 14th! (which also appears to be the kernel build date). Does this sound familiar to anybody?
Thanks in advance,

Anton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hvontres
post Jun 13 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,121

QUOTE(AntiPasta @ Jun 13 2006, 06:36 AM)
Good day, folks,

my first post on the board! If there's any place where I am supposed to make a more formal introduction, please be so kind to let me know.

Anyhow. After drooling over Zaurii for months I came across a cheap used SL-B500 which I promptly bought. The previous owner imported it and installed OpenZaurus 3.5.4 with Opie 1.2.1.
Apart from a host of SD/MMC related troubles (which I shall bore you with some other time), the date keeps resetting to March 14th! (which also appears to be the kernel build date). Does this sound familiar to anybody?
Thanks in advance,

Anton

Is this after a full reboot or just a suspend/resume cycle. The 5600/b-500 does not have any sort of Hardware clock, so when you do a full shutdown or use the battery switch to do a reset, you will loose the clock. The default behavior of 3.5.4 is to revert back to the kernel build date, since you probaly are not a Time Traveler smile.gif

Good luck,

+Quote Post
AntiPasta
post Jun 14 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,152

Thanks for your reply! So a reboot resets the clock then? That might be it, I did *plenty* of reboots trying to get the SD card working. I'll just suspend it from now on and see how that works out.

+Quote Post
Greg2
post Jun 14 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 792

QUOTE(AntiPasta @ Jun 13 2006, 09:36 AM)
the date keeps resetting to March 14th! (which also appears to be the kernel build date). Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Here's a fix (hack) for that:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18452

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 08:23 AM