Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opera Mini, has usable is it?
Meanie
post Jun 22 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,686

I was wondering how many people have tried opera mini and whether it is functional enough as a real browser because it can run on the Z and got it working on both my phone and my Z. However, I never really liked Opera in the first place, the PC version as well as the Z version, so I might be biased on whether opera mini is any good, thus I wanted to know what other people who use opera think about opera mini.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andykk
post Jun 25 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,076

I tried to use opera-mini, but had 2 problems: work one version only (1360) and small font (640x480). How to change resolution to 320x240...

+Quote Post
sdjf
post Jun 26 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,551

QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 22 2006, 09:15 PM)
I was wondering how many people have tried opera mini and whether it is functional enough as a real browser ...
However, I never really liked Opera in the first place, the PC version as well as the Z version...thus I wanted to know what other people who use opera think about opera mini.

Wow! Now if Opera-Mini solved the problems I have with Opera 7.30, I might consider switching.

But if you don't like Opera, then you don't like Opera, and why even bother? BTW, is there only one version?

My basic problems with Opera 7.30 are 1) that it's slow because it loads an entire page before you get to see it, 2) that if it crashes, you lose any new bookmarks, cookies, settings, or saved webpages and have to go get them again, and 3) most serious of all, it attempts to hijack ttyS0 on my ROM 2.38, it doesn't recognize my already present internet connection and keeps trying to start another one :-( I don't know what it would do on other ROMs.

But I like the displays...I can toggle between full screen (scroll rt to lt) and text mode (vertical scrolling), and turn images on or off. I also like the presence of bookmark folders and the option to save notes with each bookmark.

What do you most like or dislike about Opera Mini? Is there anything good about it? What features are missing that you want to have?

sdjf

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 07:33 PM