OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Any Cf Wifi Card With Ext. Antenna Port?
diedwater
post Jun 28 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,189

any CF WIFI card with Ext. Antenna port? just carious, or is it possible to mod one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Da_Blitz
post Jul 29 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,806

well i just had a look around and i managed to delete the wifi card pull apart pics in the upgrade i have done in the last couple of days (basically a full rip up job of the network and storage, rebuilt from the ground up, ironically its now set up to help prevent me from losing data)

i might have a backup that i will look into but as i have a card thats not working i will pull that one apart for the demonstration

one word of warning: this is a very very hard hack to pull off with a good chance of permanently damaging hardware, this isnt a normal disclaimer, i have personally destroyed 2 wifi cards as its a B%^$ to solder onto, which in turn causes the radio chipset to get to hot

you really need the right equipment. if you dont have a high wattage soldering iron, good soldering skills (ie soldered for an hour or 3 in the past 2 weeks) and a way of cooling down the rest of the device (clip on heatsinks work well) then i would not attempt this

if you can get a cable then get one and leave it at that, its your best bet.

--- EDIT ---
thanks for the PM messages, i did get them but the upgrade took longer than anticipated (had ta account for several hundred gigs of data, don't want to lose anything)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 11:30 AM