OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Interesting Problem With Ambicom Wl1100c, Maybe it is Zaurus itself?
matrix200
post Jul 15 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,469

A few weeks ago my wifi card got a little shaky.
Sometimes it would just loose connection (either led goes off or stays on but connection is dead).
In dmesg a lot of messages with code -110 or -61.
I recently replaced the router to a new WRT54GL one flashed with dd-wrt.
Yesterday I saw a new problem with it.
Sometimes after I plug it in and start browsing my screen washes out !
When card is unplugged the screen goes back to normal.
Card is so shaky even when it works doesn't hold more then a few minutes connected.
Is it card problem?Maybe Zaurus power supply or compact flash problem?

I tried just putting in some regular cf cards 1 and 4 gig and everything seems to work fine with them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
zedkatuf2
post Jul 26 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,578

I have a similar issue with my Ambicom card (I have had this problem since day one).

My primary & secondary firmware are also 1.1.1 & 1.8.0

...I wonder if we all bought our cards from Taiwan/Ebay ?!

...anyway, now that I've found my CF to PCMCIA adapter, I was considering trying to upgrade the firmware at some point....what's putting me off is overcoming the ambiguities in the firmware-flashing instructions on the websites posted elsewhere on oesf.....it's not that they're particularly bad, it's more that I don't seem to read the instructions at the right time of day (too knackered/kids asking questions/baby crying etc smile.gif )

+Quote Post
alijames
post Jul 26 2007, 03:01 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,029

QUOTE(zedkatuf2 @ Jul 26 2007, 10:08 AM)
I have a similar issue with my Ambicom card (I have had this problem since day one).

My primary & secondary firmware are also 1.1.1 & 1.8.0

...I wonder if we all bought our cards from Taiwan/Ebay ?!

...anyway, now that I've found my CF to PCMCIA adapter, I was considering trying to upgrade the firmware at some point....what's putting me off is overcoming the ambiguities in the firmware-flashing instructions on the websites posted elsewhere on oesf.....it's not that they're particularly bad, it's more that I don't seem to read the instructions at the right time of day (too knackered/kids asking questions/baby crying etc smile.gif )

Juts be careful, and make sure you do it from a linux box. I tried to flash mine from Windows this week, and it did not update the secondary, so it's now a very small doorstop!!

http://www.geek-fr.com/#update_the_prism2_..._of_a_wifi_card

Cheers,

Alistair

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Jul 26 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(alijames @ Jul 26 2007, 06:01 AM)
Juts be careful, and make sure you do it from a linux box. I tried to flash mine from Windows this week, and it did not update the secondary, so it's now a very small doorstop!!

http://www.geek-fr.com/#update_the_prism2_..._of_a_wifi_card

Cheers,

Alistair

Nice.

Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for the warning. I was planning to use Windoze, since I don't have a PCMCIA slot on my desktop box. In fact, now that I think about it, I think the Windoze laptop has the new style slot, not the old PC card slot. I'm starting to wonder how hard it's going to be to flash this thing if I can't even find a slot to put this into.

I'm pretty sure that a multi-format memory card reader will not support an IO device.

+Quote Post
dhns
post Jul 26 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,043

I am also using an Ambicom WL1100C-CF but have never seen these effects.

And, please for my clarification - about which firmware and flashing process are you talking about? Where do you get this from? Where do you place the firmware? How do you install it?

I plugged it into an C860 and a C3100 and it simply works out of the box. No driver installation. No flashing required.

Which ROMs are you using?

What are the serial or revision numbers?

-- hns

+Quote Post
QuantumII
post Feb 17 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 21,119

I have been using an Ambicom since I got my Zaurus December 2007,and I've just started to see the issues as well.

Screen washes out to white, works again when card is removed.
Connection drop, zaurus responds very slow, works fine again when the card is removed
Not detected, remove and reinsert a couple of times, it works again.. then repeat from the top ...

Is this a bad quality card or something ?

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 11:45 PM