OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Interesting Problem With Ambicom Wl1100c, Maybe it is Zaurus itself?
matrix200
post Jul 15 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,469

A few weeks ago my wifi card got a little shaky.
Sometimes it would just loose connection (either led goes off or stays on but connection is dead).
In dmesg a lot of messages with code -110 or -61.
I recently replaced the router to a new WRT54GL one flashed with dd-wrt.
Yesterday I saw a new problem with it.
Sometimes after I plug it in and start browsing my screen washes out !
When card is unplugged the screen goes back to normal.
Card is so shaky even when it works doesn't hold more then a few minutes connected.
Is it card problem?Maybe Zaurus power supply or compact flash problem?

I tried just putting in some regular cf cards 1 and 4 gig and everything seems to work fine with them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
zedkatuf2
post Jul 26 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,578

I have a similar issue with my Ambicom card (I have had this problem since day one).

My primary & secondary firmware are also 1.1.1 & 1.8.0

...I wonder if we all bought our cards from Taiwan/Ebay ?!

...anyway, now that I've found my CF to PCMCIA adapter, I was considering trying to upgrade the firmware at some point....what's putting me off is overcoming the ambiguities in the firmware-flashing instructions on the websites posted elsewhere on oesf.....it's not that they're particularly bad, it's more that I don't seem to read the instructions at the right time of day (too knackered/kids asking questions/baby crying etc smile.gif )

+Quote Post
alijames
post Jul 26 2007, 03:01 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,029

QUOTE(zedkatuf2 @ Jul 26 2007, 10:08 AM)
I have a similar issue with my Ambicom card (I have had this problem since day one).

My primary & secondary firmware are also 1.1.1 & 1.8.0

...I wonder if we all bought our cards from Taiwan/Ebay ?!

...anyway, now that I've found my CF to PCMCIA adapter, I was considering trying to upgrade the firmware at some point....what's putting me off is overcoming the ambiguities in the firmware-flashing instructions on the websites posted elsewhere on oesf.....it's not that they're particularly bad, it's more that I don't seem to read the instructions at the right time of day (too knackered/kids asking questions/baby crying etc smile.gif )

Juts be careful, and make sure you do it from a linux box. I tried to flash mine from Windows this week, and it did not update the secondary, so it's now a very small doorstop!!

http://www.geek-fr.com/#update_the_prism2_..._of_a_wifi_card

Cheers,

Alistair

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Jul 26 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(alijames @ Jul 26 2007, 06:01 AM)
Juts be careful, and make sure you do it from a linux box. I tried to flash mine from Windows this week, and it did not update the secondary, so it's now a very small doorstop!!

http://www.geek-fr.com/#update_the_prism2_..._of_a_wifi_card

Cheers,

Alistair

Nice.

Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for the warning. I was planning to use Windoze, since I don't have a PCMCIA slot on my desktop box. In fact, now that I think about it, I think the Windoze laptop has the new style slot, not the old PC card slot. I'm starting to wonder how hard it's going to be to flash this thing if I can't even find a slot to put this into.

I'm pretty sure that a multi-format memory card reader will not support an IO device.

+Quote Post
dhns
post Jul 26 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,043

I am also using an Ambicom WL1100C-CF but have never seen these effects.

And, please for my clarification - about which firmware and flashing process are you talking about? Where do you get this from? Where do you place the firmware? How do you install it?

I plugged it into an C860 and a C3100 and it simply works out of the box. No driver installation. No flashing required.

Which ROMs are you using?

What are the serial or revision numbers?

-- hns

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:00 PM