Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vcards And Oz, Mac OS X <-> OPIE
samot
post Jul 16 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,684

Hi!! I'm trying to copy my adress book on my zaurus. As someone sugested I tried to export my contacts from Address Book (Mac OS X 10.4.6) as vCards and import them on OPIE or GPE. I couldn't succesfully do this.I first tryed on GPE and then on OPIE whithout any success. I tryed to copy them all together and indivudally (each contact ona separate vCard). I'm now on OPIE 1.2.1.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chrisl
post Jul 16 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,198

QUOTE(samot @ Jul 16 2006, 02:41 PM)
Hi!! I'm trying to copy my adress book on my zaurus. As someone sugested I tried to export my contacts from Address Book (Mac OS X 10.4.6) as vCards and import them on OPIE or GPE. I couldn't succesfully do this.I first tryed on GPE and then on OPIE whithout any success. I tryed to copy them all together and indivudally (each contact ona separate vCard). I'm now on OPIE 1.2.1.

Thanks

Depends what you are using for your address book. The Opie/QTopia pim programs have very little functionality regarding this kind of thing. I settled on the KDE pims. I exported to vCard format (all in one file) on the mac, transferred the vCard file to a cf card and imported them into the KDE address book. Was very easy to do and works nice. I like the kde pims in a twisted kind of way. Not elegant as iCal or Address Book on the mac, but much nicer than the pim software on my old palm pilot. I am considering using the KDE pims on my mac just for consistency purposes. I them export from KDE periodically onto my mac to sync my calendars.

Chris--

+Quote Post
samot
post Jul 16 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(chrisl @ Jul 16 2006, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE(samot @ Jul 16 2006, 02:41 PM)

Thanks

Depends what you are using for your address book. The Opie/QTopia pim programs have very little functionality regarding this kind of thing. I settled on the KDE pims. I exported to vCard format (all in one file) on the mac, transferred the vCard file to a cf card and imported them into the KDE address book. Was very easy to do and works nice. I like the kde pims in a twisted kind of way. Not elegant as iCal or Address Book on the mac, but much nicer than the pim software on my old palm pilot. I am considering using the KDE pims on my mac just for consistency purposes. I them export from KDE periodically onto my mac to sync my calendars.

Chris--

At the office I use Slackware with kde 3.5 and i couldn't import my vCards on it either. I may have some problems on my Address Book.

+Quote Post
samot
post Aug 3 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #4

Think I got it . OPIE suports vCards 2.1 not 3.0. I had to convert my vCards to the previows version. You have to check 2.1 version in the addressbook preferences and export. Just in case I backuped all my cards before and exported without pictures.

+Quote Post
lpetroni
post Sep 16 2006, 05:37 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,271

QUOTE(samot @ Aug 3 2006, 12:30 PM)
Think I got it . OPIE suports vCards 2.1 not 3.0. I had to convert my vCards to the previows version. You have to check 2.1 version in the addressbook preferences and export. Just in case I backuped all my cards before and exported without pictures.

Thanks for the tip!
I was experiencing the same problem and now it is working perfectly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 11:44 AM