Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ratpoison Doesn't Fully Maximize Windows
ShiroiKuma
post Jul 21 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,385

I'm using ratpoison found on http://www.focv.com/ipkg/

The issue I have with it is that it doesn't fully maximize the windows, it leaves a little strap to the right and a bigger one on the bottom. This is what it looks like Attached File  scrn001.jpg ( 10.46K ) Number of downloads: 86

How can I fix this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
ShiroiKuma
post Jul 21 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #2

This is the answer from Ratpoison Wiki:
Why is there a small gap between my terminal and the edge of the screen?

(Most) terminals won't display partial lines, so unless your screen dimensions divide exactly into the font size, you'll get a gap. Centering the window with :gravity or :defwingravity may be more attractive. You can also set color of the root window to match the background color of your terminal
so I guess it can't be "resolved".

+Quote Post
otprof
post Jul 24 2006, 06:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,004

Did you twiddle the font size to see if one makes the margin smaller? How is Ratpoison working out for you? I love it on my laptop and am thinking of moving in that direction. The problem is that I find the stylus "mouse" input to be fairly convenient in things like Sylpheed and Firefox.

Bryan

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Jul 24 2006, 06:44 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(otprof @ Jul 24 2006, 03:32 PM)
Did you twiddle the font size to see if one makes the margin smaller?  How is Ratpoison working out for you?  I love it on my laptop and am thinking of moving in that direction.  The problem is that I find the stylus "mouse" input to be fairly convenient in things like Sylpheed and Firefox.

Yep, different fonts make it different. I use the font that I've found the best combination on the Z. Size, weight, and is Unicode, so good for Japanese and stuff...

Ratpoison is great on the Z. I think I'm sticking with it. I use mostly Emacs now, for Web, games, reading. Ratpoison is great with it, it's considerably faster than even Fluxbox... So, good, I think.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:29 AM