IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Japanese And Underclocking, Can I have Japanese and Underclocking
ezeerb
post Aug 8 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,677

On my C3100, I have not been able to figure out a way to get the battery application in Cacko working on the Sharp Rom or Japanese input running on Cacko 1.23.

I have read comments about how the Sharp Rom is faster than Cacko. If that is true, the Sharp Rom would be my preference. But I want to be able to underclock to extened the battery life when listening to music. Batter Plus (Tetsu) doesn't seem to be able to do that. Also the battery information is very 'about'.

I like Cacko's ability to underclock and give more accurate battery readings. But the closest I can get to getting Japanese is to hand write the Japanese and not use the keyboard. That happens when I use japanese-support-c3100jaen_1.23_arm.ipk.

japanese-support-c3100_1.23_arm.ipk has issues, that combined with my response, turned by Zaurus into a paperweight for a day and a half. Now happily recovered.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Stubear
post Aug 9 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,219

The under/overclock option from Cacko can be taken to the Sharp Rom by copying the batteryapplet from Cacko and installing it on the Sharp Rom.

Most of the fonts are already there in the Cacko rom, but it seems that all you want from cacko is the underclock option, which can also be done from the command line, I'll have to play around and get back to you with the settings.

Cacko is somewhat slower in opening apps as it stores the /usr/*.rom files and directories in a cramfs image. This allows you to save space, but gives a minor performance hit when opening files. If they are apps ypu use all the time then you can "fast start" them so that they stay running in the bakground - uses up memory though.

I never really had a problem with the load times, I just went back to the Sharp Rom after trying out OZ again and haven't gone back to Cacko yet cause I have my C1000 doing what I want it to.

Stu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 02:24 AM