IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> High-capcity Battery For Sl-5500, Looking for a high-capacity battery
themaxtor
post Aug 9 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,715

Hey folks - I'm pretty new to the Zaurus arena but assume getting less than 45 minutes from a stock batter fully charged is not normal.

Does anyone know of a high-capacity battery available for the SL-5500 - I see some 1100Mah batteries on eBay (as mentioned here in another topic) but is there anything with a high-capacity???

I'd love to get some info from those of you who have the knowledge before I purchase a new battery!

Thanks for your assistance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ferret-Simpson
post Aug 26 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,295

It also wouldn't fit in a standard Docking Cradle.

You can modify a nokia battery (Nokia Ref. BL-5C) to work in a 5500, it means making a little bit of packaging. . But they're 3.7V 850mAh, so they're fine to use.

+Quote Post
arniel
post Aug 29 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,563

QUOTE(Ferret-Simpson @ Aug 26 2006, 10:45 AM)
It also wouldn't fit in a standard Docking Cradle.

You can modify a nokia battery (Nokia Ref. BL-5C) to work in a 5500, it means making a little bit of packaging. . But they're 3.7V 850mAh, so they're fine to use.

If you don't mind a bit of hacking, it is possible to make a digital camera battery fit. I bought a 1800mAh unit from 7dayshop, hacked off the plastic case and made some new contacts with copper tape. Although it's a few mm thicker than the original, and stops the back cover from being refitted, it was possible to hack the cradle to allow it to fit and stays on through the tightness of the fit. Have had over 3hrs with active wifi connection and full backlight, and over 8hrs idling.

+Quote Post
chrget
post Aug 29 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,485

QUOTE(arniel @ Aug 29 2006, 11:24 AM)
I bought a 1800mAh unit [...] hacked off the plastic case and made some new contacts with copper tape.

Just out of curiousity: which battery was the one you used supposed to be compatible with?

I did more or less the same, but with an EN-EL5 (IIRC Nikon)-compatible 1100 mAh battery quite some time ago now. Still works like a charm.

Regards,
Chris.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:56 PM