OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Qpegps 9.2.3.3, has anyone compiled it for OZ 3.5.4?
lazd
post Aug 10 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,230

Just wondering if anyone has compiled qpegps 9.2.3.3 (source at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=51026) for openzaurus 3.5.4 yet, or has plans to in the future. I currently run 9.2.3 fine, but 9.2.3.3 has much needed features and bug fixes. Why wouldn't qpegps 9.2.3.3 be included in 3.5.4? It was released in February of 06' it seems.

On the qpegps site, they provide binarys that are only compatible through runcompat, which I read corrupts and crashes like none other (see http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...2&#entry129302) so I haven't tried to install it (although running the binary from the IPK mentioned above produces a standard compat error looking for _20t.darkCyan, something I saw corrected in other applications under 3.5.3 with the compat libs).

Would it be much work? I've only compiled things on desktop linux boxes that already had gcc and everything ready to go, but if it's not that bad to get the zaurus compiling apps, I would do it and try to make an ipk if someone would point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lardman
post Aug 11 2006, 03:44 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 464

Why wouldn't qpegps 9.2.3.3 be included in 3.5.4? It was released in February of 06' it seems.

No reason except that no-one has bothered to add it (as they didn't need it).

It may be as simple as altering the .bb file to point to the new source. Give it a go and see whether it works.

qpegps is in the OE metadata already. I don't know its status.

Si

+Quote Post
Mickeyl
post Aug 11 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 907

I'm a bit hesitant to update qpegps because of their stubborness to catch up with gpsd.

+Quote Post
lazd
post Aug 17 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,230

Yeah, I could see that. I guess I'll install the development related packages and try to compile the newest version. Any help would be appreciated.

+Quote Post
Stilgar
post Oct 29 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,147

qpegps have, on their sf downloads page, a link to a version of gpsd compiled with softcore (from somewhere during 2003). That version would work with qpegps under OZ.
That said, I will be glad that they'll move on to the new gpsd, but still - I'd like to see the new version compiled to OZ, even with this inconvenience..

+Quote Post
hvontres
post Oct 30 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,121

QUOTE(lazd @ Aug 10 2006, 04:28 PM)
Just wondering if anyone has compiled qpegps 9.2.3.3  (source at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=51026) for openzaurus 3.5.4 yet, or has plans to in the future. I currently run 9.2.3 fine, but 9.2.3.3 has much needed features and bug fixes. Why wouldn't qpegps 9.2.3.3 be included in 3.5.4? It was released in February of 06' it seems.

On the qpegps site, they provide binarys that are only compatible through runcompat, which I read corrupts and crashes like none other (see http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...2&#entry129302) so I haven't tried to install it (although running the binary from the IPK mentioned above produces a standard compat error looking for _20t.darkCyan, something I saw corrected in other applications under 3.5.3 with the compat libs).

Would it be much work? I've only compiled things on desktop linux boxes that already had gcc and everything ready to go, but if it's not that bad to get the zaurus compiling apps, I would do it and try to make an ipk if someone would point me in the right direction.

Thanks

You might want to check out this thread as well:

Updating Qpegps - New Gpsd And More, Qpegps with gpsd 2.3X and other stuff

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 05:33 PM