IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tkinter
bam
post Aug 20 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,306

I used tkinter from another feed to add to Kopsis python image but still get _tkinter not found)err rather not configured for your install) any ideas on how to get this to work?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
kopsis
post Aug 21 2006, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,880

QUOTE(bam @ Aug 21 2006, 01:03 AM)
I used tkinter from another feed to add to Kopsis python image but still get _tkinter not found)err rather not configured for your install) any ideas on how to get this to work?

TkInter needs Tk which need X11. I don't believe you'll get it to work on a Qt based ROM. For Sharp/Sharp compatible ROMs, PyQt is pretty much your only choice for GUI Python apps.

+Quote Post
bam
post Aug 21 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,306

bummer, but there is also anygui, although its old....and unstable...

+Quote Post
jfv
post Aug 21 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 202

I don't know about Tkinter but Tk works fine under X/Qt in the Sharp ROM. Caveat: I've used Tk only via tclkit (which I mentioned to Bam on another thread). I am not sure about a direct install.

Felipe

+Quote Post
kopsis
post Aug 22 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,880

QUOTE(jfv @ Aug 21 2006, 10:50 AM)
I don't know about Tkinter but Tk works fine under X/Qt in the Sharp ROM. Caveat: I've used Tk only via tclkit (which I mentioned to Bam on another thread). I am not sure about a direct install.

Felipe

Yes, if you go down the X/Qt path, it may be theoretically possible. One would have to custom build the Tkinter stuff and I have no idea what that would entail. If you're writing new apps, it seems to me that just using PyQt would be a whole lot less work. PyQt is really an outstanding GUI framework ... far more sophisticated than Tkinter. If you're just trying to run an existing large Tkinter application, I'd be tempted to switch to OZ/GPE or pdaXrom.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 09:27 AM