OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can't Install Packages On Cacko Rom (sl-c1000), MacOS X, Zaurus SL-C1000 and Cacko ROM.
Paulie
post Aug 24 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,945

Hi Guy's,

This is my first posting on the OE forums and I am hopeful in anticipation that some kind person here will have an answer to my issue.

I am running MacOS X Tiger on my G5 and transferring ipkg.gz files with a CF card reader onto my Zaurus. However, When I gunzip the files and browse for them in the "files" tab I can see the install files icons and click on them, and the "Package Installer" window pops up but when I click Install packages there are no packages found in the list to install.

I managed to install many applications using this method with the standard Sharp ROM but it was not English enough for me.

I have been downloading applications that are supposed to be compatible with Cacko so can anyone tell me if this is typical? Or what I am doing wrong?

My ROM version is CACkO Zaurus Qtopia ROM 1.23 1029311005

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dhns
post Aug 24 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,043

The issue might be that the file is unzipped - and might not be related to the ROM.

Usually, .ipk files are gzipped tar files, i.e. created by "tar czf package_version_arm.ipk". Note that the _arm is also required.

Downloading these files on a Mac might trigger the Mac builtin unzipper, i.e. it becomes a plain tar file.

Try the following on the Zaurus:

1) "tar tvf package.ipk"
2) "tar tvzf package.ipk"

One of both must fail. The other one should show "control.tar.gz", a "data.tar.gz" files.

If 1) succeeds and 2) fails, simply gzip the file and rename the resulting .ipk.gz file back to .ipk.

-- hns
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 01:24 AM