IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Typing To Zaurus Using The Mac Keyboard
lpetroni
post Sep 15 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,271

Is it possible? Is there any way to configure both Mac/Zaurus so that I can type to Z using my powerbook's keyboard?

I'm rstill unning 10.3.9 but will be update to 10.4 soon.
Using AJZaurusUSB to connect to Z over smb.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jfv
post Sep 15 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 202

Well, this has nothing to do with the Zaurus or the Mac. ssh is a standard unix program. But it won't help you enter data on applications, only command line stuff (for the experts: ssh -X, yes I know). You can use something called VNC to do what you want but I never did this on a Zaurus or a Mac, but maybe there is info on the forum.

Anyway, to use ssh. I assume your Zaurus and your Mac are connected. Open a terminal on the Zaurus, become root and type "sshd" and return. Now on the Mac, open a terminal, type "ssh zaurus@<ip-of-the-zaurus>" and return. Then you type your password and off you go. Replace <ip-of-the-zaurus> by the ip address the Zaurus has.

There is tons of information about ssh on the web but it may not be what you want.

Um abraco

Felipe

p.s. Maybe ssh is not installed by default on the Zaurus but you can find the ipk on ELSI. It certainly is installed on the Mac.

+Quote Post
lpetroni
post Sep 15 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,271

QUOTE(jfv @ Sep 15 2006, 01:40 PM)
Well, this has nothing to do with the Zaurus or the Mac. ssh is a standard unix program. But it won't help you enter data on applications, only command line stuff (for the experts: ssh -X, yes I know). You can use something called VNC to do what you want but I never did this on a Zaurus or a Mac, but maybe there is info on the forum.

Anyway, to use ssh. I assume your Zaurus and your Mac are connected. Open a terminal on the Zaurus, become root and type "sshd" and return. Now on the Mac, open a terminal, type "ssh zaurus@<ip-of-the-zaurus>" and return. Then you type your password and off you go. Replace <ip-of-the-zaurus> by the ip address the Zaurus has.

There is tons of information about ssh on the web but it may not be what you want.

Um abraco

Felipe

p.s. Maybe ssh is not installed by default on the Zaurus but you can find the ipk on ELSI. It certainly is installed on the Mac.

Thanks Felipe! I will try the VNC thing.
I've played with it in the past with my Newton 2100.

Obrigado!

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:04 AM