IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strange Php Parse Errors, brackets acting funny
tnfiddler
post Sep 20 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,771

I've installed apache+php, mysql, and phpmyadmin. phpmyadmin works. apache works. So, I started in on my own php pages. It seems that any control structure involving squiggly brackets {} gives a parse error. It seems that everything else I've tried works.

For example:

<?php

for ($index = 0; $index < 5; $index++) {
echo "count";
}

?>

gives a parse error, but when I delete the brackets I get:

countcountcoutcountcount

like I would expect.

I am entering the brackets from the popup keyboard, but they display correctly. Is this some odd Zaurus thing? Is it some characterset thing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
tnfiddler
post Sep 21 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Ok, I figured it out, with a little help. The {}s on the default keymap of the Z are different from my desktop's brackets. The hex code id 9B and 9D instead of 7B and 7D (if I remember correctly.) Installing the keyhelper stuff from meanie's site and using the Fn-O and Fn-P brackets types the correct brackets.

+Quote Post
bolbit
post Sep 21 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,048

how do you manage to install mysql on the sharp rom ???
I tried the mysql 3.22 and 3.23 (even a v 4 from pdaxrom), but there were errors during installation and mysql don't want to launch ..
I'm using cacko 1.23 on a C1000.

+Quote Post
baallrog
post Sep 23 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,393

a such installation will not kill your memory due to the limited numbers of write ???

+Quote Post
tnfiddler
post Oct 10 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #5

Bolbit: I installed MySQL 3.22.32-2, I can't remember if I had to tweak something to get it to work, try searching the forums. I don't know about Cacko.

Baallrog: Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the flash RAM, apparently one can move the MySQL data directory to a card with symbolic links. You can also start MySQL with a command line option to use a specific data directory. One of those is the next step. This isn't production, and I'm not doing heavy writing/mods, so I'm not too worried.

I am more concerned with the apache htdocs directory, where I am modifying the documents a lot. I tried to symlink it to the SD card, even set permissions and ownership, but it didn't work. Still working on that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 03:53 PM