OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sl-c760 Screen Problem, colors become a red tone on the screen..
Totesz
post Sep 29 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,757

Hey!

I've got some problems with my Z. The model mentioned in the topic went strange a few months after I bought it. Some colors become a red tone and I don't know why. Sometimes the colors come back and than it's wrong again.
I thought that it's a contact-problem so I got it into pieces but found nothing.
Here is a sample, a pic (from me smile.gif ) and the other shows hot it looks on the Z.

Original:
Attached File  toto.jpg ( 41.3K ) Number of downloads: 45

On the Z:
Attached File  toto_zauruson.jpg ( 36.86K ) Number of downloads: 54

I could use any help, I'm in kind of dispair.

Thanx!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
speculatrix
post Oct 10 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

I've had problems with my 6000 and it flipping the screen left/right, and the backlight dropping out too. I took it apart, cleaned the contacts, and reassembled, and no luck.

Did you clean the LCD cable connectors when you dismantled? I am wondering whether the connectors are really sensitive to dirt or grease? They also seem very flimsy, so that they can only be opened and closed once or twice reliably.

+Quote Post
Totesz
post Nov 15 2006, 04:03 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,757

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 10 2006, 04:34 PM)
I've had problems with my 6000 and it flipping the screen left/right, and the backlight dropping out too. I took it apart, cleaned the contacts, and reassembled, and no luck.

Did you clean the LCD cable connectors when you dismantled? I am wondering whether the connectors are really sensitive to dirt or grease? They also seem very flimsy, so that they can only be opened and closed once or twice reliably.

Well, I didn't clean the connectors, but I'll give it a try as soon as I'll have some time. :S

Totesz

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 04:00 AM