IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Debian With Pdaxqtrom, Will it work?
Frobozz
post Oct 10 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,611

The X/Qt Jumbo bundle and Debian have absolutely transformed my Zaurus from an extremely fancy handheld into a full on laptop replacement. So first off, I have to offer my highest kudos to Meanie for making this possible. It's wonderful to be able to use QTopia apps for things I have to use 'on the go' (like reminders and addresses) and then switch over to having a full Debian setup when I'm sitting down again.

I've tried using Pdaxqtrom and it's absolutely a wonderful environment. I'm dearly in love and I'd like to make the switch. ;-> The only problem I'm facing is that it doesn't seem to have a provision for launching Debian the way the Jumbo bundle could. Is there a way to set up Pdaxqtrom to let me use Debian?

Either way, I'm still going to use one of these packages. ;-> I love the Zaurus for how much choice it and its community give me!

--
Chris
SL-5600 (sold)
SL-C860 w. Cacko (dead)
SL-C3200 w. Cacko
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Meanie
post Oct 17 2006, 05:25 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,686

I will update the xlauncher script so that it can launch the existing debian/pocketworkstation image like the xqtjumbo launcher did using the scripts from minideb which is used in the openoffice image. then i will build a new pocketworkstation image with custom winxp theme and other customisations to icewm like in the previous pocketworkstation image, but that will have to wait until after my holidays...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 10:40 PM