IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Debian With Pdaxqtrom, Will it work?
Frobozz
post Oct 10 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,611

The X/Qt Jumbo bundle and Debian have absolutely transformed my Zaurus from an extremely fancy handheld into a full on laptop replacement. So first off, I have to offer my highest kudos to Meanie for making this possible. It's wonderful to be able to use QTopia apps for things I have to use 'on the go' (like reminders and addresses) and then switch over to having a full Debian setup when I'm sitting down again.

I've tried using Pdaxqtrom and it's absolutely a wonderful environment. I'm dearly in love and I'd like to make the switch. ;-> The only problem I'm facing is that it doesn't seem to have a provision for launching Debian the way the Jumbo bundle could. Is there a way to set up Pdaxqtrom to let me use Debian?

Either way, I'm still going to use one of these packages. ;-> I love the Zaurus for how much choice it and its community give me!

--
Chris
SL-5600 (sold)
SL-C860 w. Cacko (dead)
SL-C3200 w. Cacko
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Meanie
post Nov 1 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

well, I made a little mistake in the deblauncher package, so I will be uploading an update for it soonish.

I also tried PocketWorkstation 1.0 and unfortunately, it seems to be a no go since the updated packages seem to rely on 2.6 kernel features such as udev, etc. so it seems we are stuck with v0.18 of PocketWorkstation on Sharp/Cacko.

PW 1.0 will prolly work under OZ/pdaXrom 121 but I see no point in that.

+Quote Post
Frobozz
post Nov 19 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,611

Sorry for the lateness of this, but life's been interesting. I just installed PocketWorkstation today and was greeted by the welcome sight of Debian on my 3200! Thank you very much for this!

I've only hit one problem so far. When I try to launch 'transparent terminal', the shell from which I ran deblauncher displays 'aterm: can't open pseudo-tty'. I'm wondering if I've done something wrong in setting this up.

--
Chris

+Quote Post
paka
post Feb 9 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,493

QUOTE(Frobozz @ Nov 19 2006, 09:52 PM)
Sorry for the lateness of this, but life's been interesting. I just installed PocketWorkstation today and was greeted by the welcome sight of Debian on my 3200! Thank you very much for this!

I've only hit one problem so far. When I try to launch 'transparent terminal', the shell from which I ran deblauncher displays 'aterm: can't open pseudo-tty'. I'm wondering if I've done something wrong in setting this up.

--
Chris

I'm having this exact same problem. I've looked everywhere on the net for a solution... I think it probably has something to do with permissions in the debroot/dev/ folder, but I haven't been able to make any progress....

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
Naupaka

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:06 AM