IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Updating Qpegps - New Gpsd And More, Qpegps with gpsd 2.3X and other stuff
grahamj
post Oct 27 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,974

Following the discussion started in the topic about kdepim development ....

... I am in the process of testing Qpegps (0.9.2.3.3 codebase) updated to use the latest gpsd (currently V 2.33).

Not everything is working at the moment so I plan to wait having anything ready for wider testing (currently it crashes viewing the map, probably due to not updating everything regularly enough, and the reported speed seems to be out).

I have chosen to statically link with libgpsd to avoid having to start and stop the gpsd daemon. A few minor changes were needed to gpsd to get it to compile for the Zaurus, but nothing which should alter its behaviour.

I am able to test on Zaurus SL-C series with Sharp ROM only, and one GPS device (SysOnChip CF Plus III).

I have also added a way to add new folders holding maps, as subfolders of the main map folder, without editing the main maps.txt file. Each sub-folder has its own maps.txt with info only on those maps. I can use some of the off-line map capture tools and then drop in or remove sets of maps very easily.

The previous discussion suggests that other work is being done on qpegps as well.

More news from me later, when the code looks like it is ready.

I am interested to learn more about any other improvements people are planning for qpegps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 03:21 AM