Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Native Compilation
Hakkikkt
post Nov 1 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,858

Hi together,
once or twice a year I try to compile R (www.r-project.org) for my C760. For compilation of R gcc and g77 are needed and later the R-binary is used to compile further modules (which makes it diffult to build with a cross-compiler
My latest attempt was a native compilation based on OZ 3.5.4.1 (gpe) and the native sdk + additional packages as listed in the OZ wiki.
Configuration and compilation was without problems until linking of the main R binary.
Linking failed with the following message:

gcc -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -o R.bin Rmain.o CConverters.o CommandLineArgs.o Rdynload.o Renviron.o RNG.o apply.o arithmetic.o apse.o array.o attrib.o base.o bind.o builtin.o character.o coerce.o colors.o complex.o connections.o context.o cov.o cum.o dcf.o datetime.o debug.o deparse.o deriv.o dotcode.o dounzip.o dstruct.o duplicate.o engine.o envir.o errors.o eval.o format.o fourier.o gevents.o gram.o gram-ex.o graphics.o identical.o internet.o iosupport.o lapack.o list.o localecharset.o logic.o main.o mapply.o match.o memory.o model.o names.o objects.o optim.o optimize.o options.o par.o paste.o pcre.o platform.o plot.o plot3d.o plotmath.o print.o printarray.o printvector.o printutils.o qsort.o random.o regex.o registration.o relop.o rlocale.o saveload.o scan.o seq.o serialize.o size.o sort.o source.o split.o sprintf.o startup.o subassign.o subscript.o subset.o summary.o sysutils.o unique.o util.o version.o vfonts.o xxxpr.o ../unix/libunix.a ../appl/libappl.a ../nmath/libnmath.a -L../../lib -lRblas -lg2c -lm -lgcc_s ../extra/zlib/libz.a ../extra/bzip2/libbz2.a ../extra/pcre/libpcre.a -lreadline -ldl -lm
/lib/ld-linux.so.2: undefined reference to `errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

At the moment I have no idea if this is related to R or if it is a OZ problem. Did someone encounter a similar problem before?
Many thanks, Georg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lardman
post Nov 8 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 464

One (random) point to note.

The need to pass ac_cv_c_bigendian=yes to configure is related to the fact that the current OZ soft-float implementation, fpa, keeps all fp numbers in bigendian format in memory. Therefore R needs to be told this. I do wonder what this will do when writing to files as R will think it's on a bigendian system. The same is true of Octave, but it automatically checks the endianness (iirc), again by looking at an fp number, so the same problem will probably manifest itself.

This will be sorted out when we move to Angstrom as eabi uses vfp, which keeps fp numbers in the same endianness as the processor.

Si

+Quote Post
xjqian
post Nov 30 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,478

QUOTE(lardman @ Nov 8 2006, 09:22 AM) *
This will be sorted out when we move to Angstrom as eabi uses vfp, which keeps fp numbers in the same endianness as the processor.

indeed in Angstrom, configure: loading site script /home/gordon/oe/org.openembedded.dev/site/endian-little

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:01 PM