Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Great Deal On New Z Batteries., About $9 + $8 shipping
deluxe
post Nov 5 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,780

For most models, here is a sample "Buy it now" auction, check the sellers other products for a bunch more, most types:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Replacement-for-Sharp-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, I really don't need the spare, but even I bought one!!
Not affiliated with seller etc etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chyang
post Nov 5 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 156

it seems to be a good deal. Would you like to verify whether it works on Cxx00? I previous found that some compatible batteries won't work on Cxx00 because of slightly different organization.

+Quote Post
arzgi
post Nov 6 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,463

QUOTE(chyang @ Nov 5 2006, 07:42 PM)
it seems to be a good deal. Would you like to verify whether it works on Cxx00? I previous found that some compatible batteries won't work on Cxx00 because of slightly different organization.

See thread http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21342

I'm currently using similar Cameron Sino battery. Has worked fine for months, after carving some plastic around the contacts.

+Quote Post
masanga
post Nov 12 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,599

QUOTE(arzgi @ Nov 6 2006, 10:47 AM)
See thread http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21342

I'm currently using similar Cameron Sino battery. Has worked fine for months, after carving some plastic around the contacts.

I took the plunge and ordered one of these for my 3100, and sure enough it's fine once you carve a little bevel into the plastic edge below the contacts as Mark describes in the thread referred to above. Won't work unless you do.

Cameron Sino aren't an entirely unknown quantity; they do a wide range of replacement batteries, which generally seem to be of adequate but not brilliant quality. I've had one in my Palm T3 for a year and it's been ok, though length of charge has dropped off faster than it did with the original battery and I'll soon have to replace it again.

Nick.

+Quote Post
deluxe
post Nov 28 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Just an update: Battery arrived in perfect shape, I did relieve the plastic near the terminals a bit, charged/discharged a couple of times, and it works as well/as long as the Sharp original battery side by side.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 28 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

that's good to know, thanks! I think I too will get another for my 3100. It's a real shame there's no third-party batteries for 6000 sad.gif

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Nov 28 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,483

So, what's the difference between Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer?

I notice that the item depicted in the eBay advert is Li-Poly, whereas the original battery for the Z is Li-Ion. It seems that different cell chemistries often have different charge / recharge performance. Can I assume that the Li-Poly is a suitable replacement for the stock battery?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 28 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #8

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

BTW, is there anyone in the UK who'd be interested in a battery and we could share the postage costs (assuming they'd cut a deal)?

--- I got an email back from them when I asked about batteries for 6000 and combining postage ---

Hello, My apologies for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we do not current have a compatible replacement product for the Zaurus 6000.

We do provide for combine shipping and offer a $2 shipping discount on each additional unit purchased. Shipipng cost for 2 units would be $6.98 which includes insurance. Thank you for your interest and best regards

Ghislaine

This post has been edited by speculatrix: Nov 29 2006, 05:36 AM

+Quote Post
deluxe
post Nov 28 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #9

Well, I have no idea what the differences might be between Li-Poly and Li-Ion. I did do a test though: I have the $9 replacement battery which I discharged and fully charged through 3 cycles....and I have the original battery which runs fine in the Zaurus from new...and was also fully charged. I ran each with a microdrive holding a video file, overclocked the cpu to 624, and had the brightness on max. Each ran for an hour on my kitchen microwave timer, one battery was 50% depleted, the other 48% (I forget which battery was just 2% better).
When the replacement battery was new it needed a few deep discharges and recharging to "condition" it fully, otherwise all was perfect.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 02:43 PM