Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Av500: Couple Of Questions, Data Folder / AV In/Out
e:pp:ik
post Dec 1 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,014

Hi there everyone

This is my first post here. I just got a (barely used) AV500 100GB and had a handful of questions.

1. Are there any resources for mods and plugins for this model? I can't seem to turn up anything and I've been looking a fair bit.

2. Is the Root folder supposed to have a folder called DATA in it? Mine doesn't. I thought it was supposed to for things like wallpapers, settings, etc. How can I replace that (If it's supposed to be there)?

3. Within the first 15 minutes of use I discovered that the DC & AV I/O plug is loose or broken inside. It causes the connection to break between the TV or the charger unless I really fiddle with it. Is this repairable? How responsive is Archos for an RMA and repair?

Any help would great. Thanks!

///e:pp:ik
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Archo5Novice
post Dec 3 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,996

unsure.gif I recall changing my display through Settings. If I remember my Av500 originally had Data, Info and System, as well as Pictures, Playlists, System, Video. The latter had what looked like image or background files.

My current list shows:
Data
Info
Music
Pictures
Playlists
Recycled
Spoken
System
Video

I created Spoken folder for my lecture notes, and I created subfolders in Pictures, Video, etc.

Somewhere on the Archos site you can download the original folder contents. Have a look. If I find it in next few minutes, will post it here.

Just found it at ftp://support.archos.com/AV500/

Data (this has fonts and manuals)
Info
Music
Pictures
Playlists
System (this has jpgs)
Video

+Quote Post
e:pp:ik
post Dec 7 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,014

Hey Archo5Novice

Thanks for the link! Excellent! I know I won't need 90% of what's there but I like to keep the factory setting handy just in case.

Can anyone help me out with my other qquestions? It would be great. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Archo5Novice
post Dec 7 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,996

You are welcome to the link.

About Q1, I have done hours of web search and find that for the archos only those called Gen4 have a lot of activity for plugins etc. I have heard the AV500 spoken of as an "abandoned" model replaced by the 504.

About Q3, I imagine a loose electronics connection can easily get repaired at an electronics shop. I would not depend on the original manufacturer due to very likely high cost. If your device has a mechanical problem easily fixed with solder, why not try? Unless you have the warranty on this still active, of course.

Best of luck.

cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 07:09 PM