Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mplayer Audio Sync
Rodre
post Jan 8 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,693

Hello,

I have a C760 running Cacko 1.23. I have encoded a DVD using mencoder and various other retail dvd encoders from pinnacle, Intervideo, and 123 Copy DVD. My problem is that when I play the ripped/encoded dvd file on my desktop the audio and video are synced perfectly, but when I play the video on my Z in mplayer the audio is 2-3 seconds faster than the video. What gives? How are others playing video on their Z? I have also encoded a .mpg file shot with my handycam and it does the same thing.

It appears that mplayer has the ability to resync the audio using either the + and - keys or by using a '-delay' switch on startup, but it appears that the mplayer for the Z either doesn't support this or doesn't have the input key mapping file. Does anyone know about this file?

~Rodre
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Rodre
post Jan 8 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,693

Hi Serge, thanks for your response.

I tried the '-ac ffmp3' flag in kino2's "preferences" (File -> Preferences... -> Options for mplayer) and that didn't work. I am a newbie when it comes to encoding video. Can you tell me what mencoder flags I can use to encode the audio stream with a constant bitrate? I am looking to get the best quality sound and video as file size doesn't matter to me because I have a 4GB SD card.

Also, is there any way to get mplayer to accept the - and + keys so that I could adjust the lag on the fly? The "o" for on screen display works, but not many of the other ones. Thanks.

~Rodre

+Quote Post
Serge
post Jan 8 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,724

QUOTE(Rodre @ Jan 8 2007, 05:12 PM)
I tried the '-ac ffmp3' flag in kino2's "preferences" (File -> Preferences... -> Options for mplayer) and that didn't work.

Did it refuse to run with this option? Or you still have this audio sync problem? Also please report what version of mplayer are you using.

I am a newbie when it comes to encoding video. Can you tell me what mencoder flags I can use to encode the audio stream with a constant bitrate? I am looking to get the best quality sound and video as file size doesn't matter to me because I have a 4GB SD card.

man mencoder, search for 'lameopts' there.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 12:02 AM