Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mplayer Audio Sync
Rodre
post Jan 8 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,693

Hello,

I have a C760 running Cacko 1.23. I have encoded a DVD using mencoder and various other retail dvd encoders from pinnacle, Intervideo, and 123 Copy DVD. My problem is that when I play the ripped/encoded dvd file on my desktop the audio and video are synced perfectly, but when I play the video on my Z in mplayer the audio is 2-3 seconds faster than the video. What gives? How are others playing video on their Z? I have also encoded a .mpg file shot with my handycam and it does the same thing.

It appears that mplayer has the ability to resync the audio using either the + and - keys or by using a '-delay' switch on startup, but it appears that the mplayer for the Z either doesn't support this or doesn't have the input key mapping file. Does anyone know about this file?

~Rodre
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Serge
post Jan 10 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,724

Well, now I think everything can have quite a simple explanation smile.gif Your zaurus is just not fast enough to process video and audio in real time. So it is able to process audio, but can't also decode video in time so it lags behind. Did you get error messages from mplayer about your system being too slow to play this video? Adding -framedrop option can help to fix this problem at the cost of dropping some frames, but only if mplayer is still able to decode video in time (without displaying and scaling it).

You can do some benchmarking to get more information about how much cpu is used for decoding video, showing it to screen and audio (see -benchmark option in mplayer man).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 05:58 PM