IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sd Limit
smammon
post Jan 11 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,972

I'd never thought about this with the 6k. Is there a 1gb limit in addressing SD cards? I've tried both of my 2gb cards and it won't mount either of them - at least not with the default settings in fstab anyway (haven't really dug in to the issue yet).

Before I bang that flat spot on my forehead - is there a 1gb limit? If not I'll go about figuring out why these cards won't mount.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
GoLinux
post Jul 5 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,531

It goes without saying that the PNY SD 2Gb card I got today didn't work... Has anyone seen or better yet tried this:

http://www.techgiant.com/index.cfm?fuseact...=-50946&pid=381

I do not know enough of the SD standard or about how the Z handles the SD slot to say if it is real or not.

Opinion/experience anyone?

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Sep 15 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(GoLinux @ Jul 5 2007, 07:04 PM)
It goes without saying that the PNY SD 2Gb card I got today didn't work... Has anyone seen or better yet tried this:

I do not know enough of the SD standard or about how the Z handles the SD slot to say if it is real or not.

Sorry to take so long to reply to this thread. I just decided to go ahead an order the card, and if it didn't work on the Zaurus, I'd use it elsewhere (like my camera).

The sad news is that it _DOES NOT_ work in the SL-6000 as advertised. Dmesgs reports many block errors, and even as VFAT (which is the default format of the card) it doesn't mount.

Sadly, it looks like through the SD slot, 1GB is the limit with the stock Sharp ROM. I do have a SD to CF adaptor and that accepts SD cards bigger than 1GB, but then that kind of defeats what a lot of us wanted which was stationary storage (a card that would stay with the unit).

On a vastly different note, I have also just bought a Nokia N800 ,which supports 8GB in the SD slot (and it does work). I have been looking for a linux-based replacement for my trusty Z. And although the Nokia takes some getting used to (it isn't QT based, and the binaries such as tcpdump) don't work on the N800. It has quite a few nice features. I'll write a review/info/comparison later.

Sorry about the 2GB SD card, though....

Craig...

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Sep 15 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(cvmiller @ Sep 16 2007, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE(GoLinux @ Jul 5 2007, 07:04 PM)

Sorry to take so long to reply to this thread. I just decided to go ahead an order the card, and if it didn't work on the Zaurus, I'd use it elsewhere (like my camera).

The sad news is that it _DOES NOT_ work in the SL-6000 as advertised. Dmesgs reports many block errors, and even as VFAT (which is the default format of the card) it doesn't mount.

Sadly, it looks like through the SD slot, 1GB is the limit with the stock Sharp ROM. I do have a SD to CF adaptor and that accepts SD cards bigger than 1GB, but then that kind of defeats what a lot of us wanted which was stationary storage (a card that would stay with the unit).

On a vastly different note, I have also just bought a Nokia N800 ,which supports 8GB in the SD slot (and it does work). I have been looking for a linux-based replacement for my trusty Z. And although the Nokia takes some getting used to (it isn't QT based, and the binaries such as tcpdump) don't work on the N800. It has quite a few nice features. I'll write a review/info/comparison later.

Sorry about the 2GB SD card, though....

Craig...

have you tried pelrun's hacked SD driver ?

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Sep 23 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(Meanie @ Sep 15 2007, 05:18 PM)
have you tried pelrun's hacked SD driver ?

No I haven't. But then as I mentioned earlier, I am enjoying my new little box (the Nokia N800). It isn't perfect, but they are doing something right with the battery. Mine has been connected to my WLAN for 36 hours straight on battery. Can't do that on the Z.

Now if I could just get those really useful Qt apps I have gotten used to over the years (like Zplayer, and Zeditor) to run on the N800.

Craig...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2014 - 10:51 PM