IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 4 Gb Sd Card For $36 Shipped, No rebates required
deluxe
post Jan 26 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,780

Has anyone tried this card in a clamshell Zaurus yet? Does it work OK??

http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemn...TC-BensBargains
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
deluxe
post Feb 7 2007, 06:20 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,780

Fine to add me as a success, thanks.
BTW, though the 4 GB card is advertised as "normal speed" (by which I take it to mean 1x), when I compare file transfer time with a 2GB 150x card I also have, it certainly seems to be _not_ 150x slower. In fact it seems pretty zippy.
Can anyone shed light on this?

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Feb 7 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(deluxe @ Feb 7 2007, 09:20 AM)
BTW, though the 4 GB card is advertised as "normal speed" (by which I take it to mean 1x), when I compare file transfer time with a 2GB 150x card I also have, it certainly seems to be _not_ 150x slower. In fact it seems pretty zippy.
Can anyone shed light on this?

For one thing, the I/O won't support the full speed of a 150X card in the Zaurus. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post what the max speed on the Z is, but I'm pretty sure I've seen posts that mention there are definite limits.

For another thing, I don't know if you're measuring write speed or read speed. I can't find the insert that came with my last 150X card, but the read speed was significantly higher than the write speed. The marketing department will write the specs from whatever angle makes the product look good. I've seen a couple of performance tests of digital media and the speeds vary significantly. Some cards are pretty fast at both reading and writing, while others are much faster at reading but their write speed is pretty mediocre.

If you check out this review you can see what I mean. The SanDisk Ultra II has really good speeds for both read & write, while there is a huge disparity for the Kingston card. (Check out the chart about halfway down the page.)

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2015 - 12:41 PM