IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Root Partition Size
hannes
post Jan 27 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,443

I'm using an SL C1000 with OZ/GPE and after some tweaking, uninstalling and installing my root partition has arrived at almost 90% use, whereas my home partition sits there at an idle 3%. I know I can always install software to /home, but I was wondering if there is a way (in OZ, I mean) to repartition the internal flash and mount all of it on /, maybe by moving root to sd with altboot, repartition and move root back again? would that work?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Hrw
post Jan 28 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,413

OpenZaurus never supported and will not support resizing of flash partitions.

+Quote Post
hannes
post Jan 28 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,443

QUOTE(Hrw @ Jan 28 2007, 10:28 AM)

That's the second time I read a categorical statement like this on this forum (here is the other one) - would you mind to explain the reasons behind this, Hrw or Koen? - thank you

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jan 31 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(hannes @ Jan 29 2007, 07:04 AM)
QUOTE(Hrw @ Jan 28 2007, 10:28 AM)

That's the second time I read a categorical statement like this on this forum (here is the other one) - would you mind to explain the reasons behind this, Hrw or Koen? - thank you

it's probably because its easier to implement and there are less things that can go wrong if you stick to something that is known and not let users have option to create many different partition sizes and risk user creating absurd partition layouts or sizes.

that said, the OZ updater script is rather simple (only looked at the C3000 script). it just whacks the kernel and initrd onto the nand and extract the hdimage to the microdrive.

i've secretly written an updater script for OZ using pdaXrom's one as a guide which pops up a menu similar to the pdaXrom one which then allows you to repartition the microdrive. it could easily do the same with the nand, but since the C3000 doesn't have much nand space to play with anyway, i removed the nand options.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:10 AM