2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pictures Of Sl-c3100 Guts?
louigi600
post Aug 3 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,928

I'm gonna take appart my C1K to modify the 5V OTG output current to matc or exceed standard USB specifications (piggyback the 5.7K with a 2.2K or even a 1.2K).

Any of you with service experience on the Cxx00 got any particular suggestions to be carefull about while opening the device ?

Looking at Albertr's mod it should be fine to drive upto 650 mA ... but he made it so that it could not switch frm client to host mode (host only), wile I'm gonna leave that untouched: will this produce any bad side affects along with the current output boost ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
louigi600
post Aug 4 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 9,928

Ok I did tme mod and took some pictures while I was at it.
Look at my home page "ZElectronics" section on the left and "OTG Power Boost" on the top.

Now my zd1211 works connected directly to the back of my Z (with the mini-A adapter obviously).

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Aug 4 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #18

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(louigi600 @ Aug 4 2007, 04:21 PM)
Ok I did tme mod and took some pictures while I was at it.
Look at my home page "ZElectronics" section on the left and "OTG Power Boost" on the top.

Now my zd1211 works connected directly to the back of my Z (with the mini-A adapter obviously).

excellent photos, thanks for taking the effort to post these online, well done!

+Quote Post
utx
post Sep 5 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,468

Few notes:

PXA270 has a high speed serial directly intended to connecting BT chip. It could save the whole USB stuff and you can use smaller serial module. With a bit of hope they connected these pins out from BGA somewhere to PCB.

Yes C1000 does not need some parts - HDD power source and controller.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 6 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #20

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(utx @ Sep 6 2007, 12:45 AM)
Few notes:

PXA270 has a high speed serial directly intended to connecting BT chip. It could save the whole USB stuff and you can use smaller serial module. With a bit of hope they connected these pins out from BGA somewhere to PCB.

Yes C1000 does not need some parts - HDD power source and controller.

from pictures, as pointed out by AlbertR (where's has he been, not heard from him for a while, hope he's OK?) there appear to be some pads on the board in the same pattern as the 6000, so in theory you could solder on one of the Mitsumi series bluetooth modules and it'd work provided you get the driver correct.

however, for a salutary lesson in the pitfalls, see my website about how I broke my 6000 during assembly, having discovered that the module I bought was not the right one.

I note that I bought a couple of modules from Segor.de - they supplied exactly what I ordered, so it wasn't their fault, but it turns out there are a number of variants of these modules with differing power requirements and ALSO different pad dimensions, my problem was the module's solder pads were a different pitch to the PCB!!!

so, yes, ideally, we need someone who can buy the right module and fit it to their C3x00 and get bluetooth working without the need for usb hackery!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 02:39 AM