Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speaq Voip Software, New VOIP software for Z
zbeckerd
post Mar 6 2007, 07:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,560

I came accross this last week and wondered if anyone else had tried it?

http://www.qtechinc.com/speaq.htm

It is in the alpha stage, but I loaded it on collie with 3.10 sharp rom. I was able to connect with sipphone and call a pots landline. It is not designed to run a sl5500 due to slow processor.

I am going to load it on my C1000 and give it a spin.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Galt
post Mar 6 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,868

QUOTE(zbeckerd @ Mar 6 2007, 11:43 AM)
I came accross this last week and wondered if anyone else had tried it?

http://www.qtechinc.com/speaq.htm

It is in the alpha stage, but I loaded it on collie with 3.10 sharp rom.  I was able to connect with sipphone and call a pots landline.  It is not designed to run a sl5500 due to slow processor. 

I am going to load it on my C1000 and give it a spin.

I am not sure that speaQ works on C3000...at least with mine I received an error message instructing me to uninstall it at the end.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Mar 6 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

I'll give it a go and see what happens, mind you I am running cacko1.23 so there's a good change it might break!

+Quote Post
zbeckerd
post Mar 6 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Mar 6 2007, 10:11 PM)
I'll give it a go and see what happens, mind you I am running cacko1.23 so there's a good change it might break!

I loaded it on a stock sharp rom setup on c1000 and I got an error on install. But I went foward with it anyway. The program ran but fast at first, but then had lag. I was able to setup and registar at sipphone, but it keeps losing registration and then getting it back. I did get my phone to ring but had no sound or voice on the call.

So perhaps it is sipphone.

The site said it was tested on a sl5600. As such the screen defaults to portrait.

+Quote Post
kb7sqi
post Mar 6 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,376

QUOTE(zbeckerd @ Mar 6 2007, 08:17 PM)

I loaded it on a stock sharp rom setup on c1000 and I got an error on install. But I went foward with it anyway. The program ran but fast at first, but then had lag. I was able to setup and registar at sipphone, but it keeps losing registration and then getting it back. I did get my phone to ring but had no sound or voice on the call.

biggrin.gif

The site said it was tested on a sl5600. As such the screen defaults to portrait.

Well, I tested it on my 5600, 760 and my 1000. I had no problems making 2 calls that went thru fine on both my 760/1000, but when I used my 5600, the person on the other end had a hard time hearing me. I do have the problem where it keeps loosing the registration, but it quickly re-registers & I was able to receive a call as well. biggrin.gif Which works much better than kphone. It's nice to finally have a client that works w/ sipphone. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the final product fixes the little bugs found so far. I'd pay for a final version but for now, I'll keep testing it. Take care.

+Quote Post
zbeckerd
post Mar 7 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(kb7sqi @ Mar 7 2007, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE(zbeckerd @ Mar 6 2007, 08:17 PM)

biggrin.gif

Well, I tested it on my 5600, 760 and my 1000. I had no problems making 2 calls that went thru fine on both my 760/1000, but when I used my 5600, the person on the other end had a hard time hearing me. I do have the problem where it keeps loosing the registration, but it quickly re-registers & I was able to receive a call as well. biggrin.gif Which works much better than kphone. It's nice to finally have a client that works w/ sipphone. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the final product fixes the little bugs found so far. I'd pay for a final version but for now, I'll keep testing it. Take care.

Well that is hopefull that you got it to work.
I have make Qtech aware of this thread and posted a couple of the problems I had in their forum.
The registration issue is also occuring on the Win Mobile application.

Thanks

+Quote Post
jfv
post Mar 8 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 202

I installed speaq on my C860 sharp ROM. If you ignore the error messages it installs fine. I opened an account with sipphone/gizmo which is free and was able to call their test number, which gives a recorded message followed by an echo test. It worked fine. Unfortunately sipphone/gizmo is messed up and I can't buy minutes to call landlines and really test speaq. An alternative is vonage, but there is no option to "pay as you go", so I don't want to try that. Any suggestion for a service that works with speaq and is cheap?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Mar 8 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #8

I use sipgate, good website, cheap minutes, peering with many other sip/voip people for free calls.

+Quote Post
zbeckerd
post Mar 9 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #9

I got a message from Qtech (the makers of speaq). They have never tried sipphone, but are going to look into some of the issues raised here.

+Quote Post
kb7sqi
post Mar 9 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,376

QUOTE(zbeckerd @ Mar 9 2007, 05:22 PM)
I got a message from Qtech (the makers of speaq).  They have never tried sipphone, but are going to look into some of the issues raised here.

Thanks for the update. I left feedback a few times on their website, but never heard anything back. Take care.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Apr 1 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #11

hmmm... well, after much playing, I got speaq on the 3100+cacko1.23 to say it had registered, but it appears to send register commands all the time, and doesn't make or receive calls!

+Quote Post
jfv
post Apr 1 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 202

If you are behind a firewall you might want to disable STUN. I have speaq working fine on my C860 Sharp ROM.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jul 23 2007, 03:28 AM
Post #13

BTW, I signed up on the qtechinc forum with a unique email address and I got a spam to it today, so I surmise that qtechinc's either qtechinc sold my personal details or their forum and user database has been mined by a hacker.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 10:37 AM