OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Secure Password Generator With Auto-populate, (not Z specific but v useful)
speculatrix
post Mar 8 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

Not really a Zaurus thing, but too useful not to share...

http://hubpages.com/hub/SuperGenPass-Simpl...sword_Generator

basically, you use a master password which uses the domain of the website you're on to generate, via a one-way md5 hash, a password for each website you visit.

thus you can have a unique pass for each site yet only need to remember the master pass

since it uses a pretty secure algorithm, as long as your master pass is unguessable and kept secret, you should be fairly safe!

p.s probably a good idea to save the master password generator page along with the javascript, so if the webpage disappears you can regenerate the bookmarklet.. so save this page "complete" http://labs.zarate.org/passwd_new/builder.html and be sure it includes the builder.js script.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
harvell
post Mar 8 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,831

That seems pretty cool.

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Mar 8 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,806

d&(#$ thats a good idea

at the moment i have some fairly long passwords that i remeber but its the infrequent ones that i forget, only porbel is that theses are local systems without a dns entry, might just use the ".local" instead wink.gif

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Mar 9 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Mar 9 2007, 05:20 AM)
d&(#$ thats a good idea

at the moment i have some fairly long passwords that i remeber but its the infrequent ones that i forget, only porbel is that theses are local systems without a dns entry, might just use the ".local" instead wink.gif

well, set up a DNS entry then... I use "home.x.y.z" for my home systems, with an internal DNS server for forward (and reverse). In the outsite world, there's a wildcard entry so that when roaming I can use "imap.home.x.y.z" and it goes to the firewall instead, which can choose to let me in or not, and forward ports as appropriate (if I've done the port knock, for example), so I can rdesktop to my windoze box!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:30 PM