OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I Think I'm Going To Have To Change My Sig.
rickh
post Mar 14 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,336

Last week my C3000 was stolen, after a solid 2 (almost 3) years of use. :-(

At this point, I still have my 5600, which I'll keep, but I don't think I'm going to get another Zaurus clamshell. I've been eyeing the new Nokia N800. Substantially cheaper, but less applications available.

Anyway, I never realized how much I used the C3000 until I no longer had it.

R.
==
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Drake01
post Mar 14 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(rickh @ Mar 14 2007, 01:51 PM)
Last week my C3000 was stolen, after a solid 2 (almost 3) years of use. :-(

At this point, I still have my 5600, which I'll keep, but I don't think I'm going to get another Zaurus clamshell.  I've been eyeing the new Nokia N800.  Substantially cheaper, but less applications available.

Anyway, I never realized how much I used the C3000 until I no longer had it.

R.
==

Please let me offer my deepest sympathies. And if you ever find the guy that did it, just remember to retrieve your Z from his pocket before applying the baseball bat to him. smile.gif

This is actually a mild paranoia I've had with my PDA's. It's not just the cost of the device, it's all the data that is stored on it. For that reason, I've always tried to find apps that work on both my desktop and PDA. But even if your data is available, it's such a pain to have that mobile convenience taken away.

+Quote Post
rickh
post Mar 14 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,336

QUOTE(Drake01 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:19 PM)
Please let me offer my deepest sympathies.  And if you ever find the guy that did it, just remember to retrieve your Z from his pocket before applying the baseball bat to him. smile.gif

This is actually a mild paranoia I've had with my PDA's.  It's not just the cost of the device, it's all the data that is stored on it.  For that reason, I've always tried to find apps that work on both my desktop and PDA.  But even if your data is available, it's such a pain to have that mobile convenience taken away.

Well, actually I have already done that for the most part and have all my data on a PC. Since my primary desktop runs Linux, that was fairly easy to do.

Not to bore you all with details, but it was my PDA, a Thinkpad (THAT really bummed me out more than the Zaurus) and a checkbook, among other personal items that were stolen. Someone walked in the office off the street and took the whole messenger bag while no one was around.

And yeah, it feels more violating than the actual loss of property/data.

In any case, thanks for the condolences.

R.
==

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:30 PM