IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sync Software? I Can't Find.
xamindar
post Apr 6 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

Could someone tell me where I can get the (or any) sync software for my Zaurus C3100? Also, anyone know if it works in vista?

Thanks for any help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tux
post Apr 20 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 346

cool.gif Yes kdepimpi is a fork of the kde apps. I am not a user of pisync, so I'm not a good source for how to use it. .

I do my 'synching' of kdepimpi by transferring the data file from one 'up to date' file to all the machines I might use.

There is a web site for the project with documentation etc. I seem to remember a howto about using ssh to sync the files between machines...

As to the project being 'dead'. A better way of looking at it is to say that it is mature. in other words it works well and is useful. It is usable on all the Zs and on the Archos pma and as you are finding out it can work in both linux and windows desktops or even from a usbstick/memory card.. It works on pdaxrom and there were versions working on the OZ distros. The source code is available for download on Sourceforge.

The PI bit in the name means Platform Independent. I think it performs as advertised.

If you restrict yourself to linux you can simply copy the data files from your kdepimpi apps on your Z to the original KDE apps on your desktop.

Congratulations to Zautrix and Ulf for a very useful piece of work!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 05:48 AM