IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Usb Mini-a Plug, Anyone stuck for the mini-A plug
louigi600
post Apr 25 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,928

If any of you are stuck because they cannot find a USB mini-A (plug) to A (receptable) adapter cable but you have tons of mini-B cables: no fear you can make one for your self (moderate soldering capabilities required).

You can see all the dateils on my home page (see signature) in the "ZElectronics" section.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
louigi600
post May 1 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,928

QUOTE(Meanie @ May 1 2007, 09:07 AM)
i toasted my Z once by sticking in a faulty usb cable. that same faulty usb cable also killed my digital camera, but it didn't have smoke coming out of its backside like it did on my Z sad.gif luckily, i got it replaced after sending it back to japan...
after that experience, i would rather pay some overpriced amount of money for the usb host cable rather than risking frying the Z...

Ok I'll haveto correct my posting:

It's possible to fry your Z with a falty soldered cable so take special kare not do fry your Z (and if you do toast it don't blame me):
1) check connections with tester before any real operation on usb,
2) if possible check on some near to scrap hardware first to make sure it will not damage the good hardware,
3) seal the plugs and repeat steps 1 and 2 to make sure that the sealing action did not dammage any soldering,
4) if the 3 steps above are successfull you can now safely plug it into you good hardware.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 12:33 AM