OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Psp Usb Charger/data Cable?, Anyone using them?
ZDevil
post May 18 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

Earlier on I bought a very cheap (< 4 euros) PSP USB charger/sync cable, brandless, packed in a rectangular white box with the photo of the cable on it. But the quality is not so satisfactory, mainly for two things: 1) The AC jack is a bit too tight; 2) I notice some charging irregularity as the orange charging LED on my 3200 flashes sometimes, and may also not lit at all. After a very brief trial I decided to ditch it, perhaps i will give it to someone who has a real PSP.

Then a while ago I bought a new one. It's Logic-3 retractable USB charger/data cable. The jack fits into Z well, and charging does seem to work very well. Even though the price is a bit more than double of the other, I am very happy with this one, especially because it is used to feed my beloved Z' delicate charging circuit.

I've googled a bit and found quite a lot of sites are talking about the Logic-3 game console products. Looks like a decent manufacturer.

Although both cables are produced in China, I can really tell the difference, both in their look and their build quality.

Here is a photo of the two cables FYI. wink.gif

Has any Z owner used this kind of cables? What do you think of them? Any good recommendation also? smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZDevil
post May 18 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #2

Okay, here is another shot with four of my "Zaurus common mobile charging options" laugh.gif

Left top: Logic 3 retractable PSP USB Charger/Data Cable
Left bottom: Gold 4-in-1 (PSP/NDS Lite/NDS/SP) Emergency Charger -- 9800 mAh!!
Right top: Brandless PSP charge/data cable. A bit crappy.
Right bottom: Battery extender from ShirtPocket (using 4 rechargeable AAs); not using anymore because I fear its insufficient output (4 x 1.2V rechargeable AA).

+Quote Post
tanjian2
post May 18 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,390

QUOTE(ZDevil @ May 18 2007, 06:33 PM)
Okay, here is another shot with four of my "Zaurus common mobile charging options" laugh.gif

I use the Logic 3 one all the time - I have a powered hub which sometimes is a hub for the Z and other times its the power source for the Z. I got a PSP charger that uses AAA batteries but it does not seem to work (no loss at $2). I also had a Zap Universal Portable Power thingy - basically a Lithium 4800mAH source - but it blew up while charging after about a month and a half - course got it on Ebay and Zap refuse to honour the warranty.

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post May 18 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(tanjian2 @ May 18 2007, 09:47 PM)
I use the Logic 3 one all the time - I have a powered hub which sometimes is a hub for the Z and other times its the power source for the Z. I got a PSP charger that uses AAA batteries but it does not seem to work (no loss at $2). I also had a Zap Universal Portable Power thingy - basically a Lithium 4800mAH source - but it blew up while charging after about a month and a half - course got it on Ebay and Zap refuse to honour the warranty.

Good to hear more positive report on the Logic 3 cable. Then I can feel assured to keep using this. wink.gif
I am sorry about you unhappy experience with the Zap thingie. At one time I almost bought one as well, but somehow (fortunately!?) I missed the chance, and then finally stumbled upon the beefier Gold 9800 mAh charger. I've been using it for months and it seem quite reliable, particular during long distance travel and during flight. smile.gif Some friends of mine are also happy with it on their Z. It seems Meanie is also using something similar to this one.

OT Looking at my pics again, a sudden illusion came to my mind telling me that i am looking at some dried blackened pieces of mummies or some arcane Ginseng.... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 02:18 PM