> Whats Needs To Be Fixed?
dz
post Sep 26 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #61

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

QUOTE(gaarder @ Sep 27 2007, 02:45 AM) *
Since you are now running MediaWiki 1.11.0, I strongly recommend (again) the recaptcha extension. (http://recaptcha.net)
It's really easy to install and with the default setting you can sit back and watch the spammers try hopelessly.

Yess, I was looking for that. It will be installed though not until the weekend. Thursday is my drinking night with my motorcycle buddies, so I get a break from this smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sdjf
post Oct 2 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,551

As someone pointed out, recaptcha is not accessible to people visually impaired or with images turned off. But, hey, joining the board, IIRC, requires identification of an images?

Admin could always provide an alternative signup means for people who cannot do images...hmmm...ask a trusted friend to sign up for them? I did that way back when...

sdjf

+Quote Post
sdjf
post Oct 2 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #63

I hope admins know the board still needs basic fixing, that leaving it as accessible only through tweaking the url is yucky yucky yucky. Just because some of us can get in doesn't mean it's all okay.

External and internal links beget 404 Not Found Errors, and other's I'm not in the mood to paste in here.

Ugh.

sdjf

+Quote Post
dz
post Oct 2 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #64

~

Member No.: 1,667

QUOTE(sdjf @ Oct 3 2007, 12:01 AM) *
I hope admins know the board still needs basic fixing, that leaving it as accessible only through tweaking the url is yucky yucky yucky. Just because some of us can get in doesn't mean it's all okay.

External and internal links beget 404 Not Found Errors, and other's I'm not in the mood to paste in here.

Ugh.

sdjf

Like I said, this is not in my control at all. If I could fix it, I would. It's a hardware issue with the RAID setup that ibiblio is running and they are doing their best to resolve it.

+Quote Post
InSearchOf
post Oct 3 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE(sdjf @ Oct 3 2007, 01:01 AM) *

Ugh.

sdjf

Do you mean like links pointing to www.oesf.org/forums/blah blah?

Late

+Quote Post
sdjf
post Oct 7 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #66

InSearchOf,
Yes, I think so. Internal links to other forum posts do seem to work. Will keep track and post the specifics if I find any due to some other glitch.
dz,
Sorry, I had not found the post you made explaining you were waiting on Ibiblio. Just finally found it tonight...the new setup makes the "Forum News" section a whole lot less obvious in Lynx, IIRC it used to say when it was last updated and it doesn't any more. sad.gif

Do appreciate what all you guys are doing, and know it's a challenge, especially with life happening as well. wink.gif

sdjf

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:38 PM