IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Sl-5500 Collie & Pdaxrom 1.1.0beta1
InSearchOf
post Jun 12 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,961

This stick thread is dedicated to SL-5500 related posts... please stay with in this topic.

Late
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
telemetric_au
post Jun 12 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,251

QUOTE(freizugheit @ Jun 13 2007, 01:54 PM)
I use SL-5600 with Sharp orginal ROM.

Any pros and cons to run Pdaxrom on SL-5XXX machines?

What is the minimum storage requirement?

TIA

im pretty sure pdaxrom doesnt run on 5600, ive never seens a rom and have seen mention that there currently is no support ...

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jun 13 2007, 02:03 PM)
For the SD card? It has to be <= 64MB, as that's the amount of flash a C750 has, which can hold pdaXrom and be ~60% full (with stuff uninstalled).

as for minimum storage requirements, intially you dont need any external storage cards, but to add any packages you will, how much is up to you .

im talking from experience with the collie and am not sure how the "later" releases of pdaxrom install ...

+Quote Post
chrisl
post Jun 17 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,198

QUOTE(telemetric_au @ Jun 12 2007, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE(freizugheit @ Jun 13 2007, 01:54 PM)
I use SL-5600 with Sharp orginal ROM.

Any pros and cons to run Pdaxrom on SL-5XXX machines?

What is the minimum storage requirement?

TIA

im pretty sure pdaxrom doesnt run on 5600, ive never seens a rom and have seen mention that there currently is no support ...

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jun 13 2007, 02:03 PM)
For the SD card? It has to be <= 64MB, as that's the amount of flash a C750 has, which can hold pdaXrom and be ~60% full (with stuff uninstalled).

as for minimum storage requirements, intially you dont need any external storage cards, but to add any packages you will, how much is up to you .

im talking from experience with the collie and am not sure how the "later" releases of pdaxrom install ...

I installed 1.1.0b1 on my Collie twice recently. There are some quirks in the beta and the software is too limited for it to be of use. The version of KOPI compiled for pdaXrom is too old and buggy to be of use for a professional. I could not get a media player working and there is no ebook reader to read palm docs, isilo or plucker books. Nor could I get a web browser working. Of the applications I could get going, some ran slowly. I tried to remedy this with a swapfile, which did not work.

That said, I really liked the look and feel of pdaXrom. I am hoping that with the interest I've seen in the pdaXrom kernel that someone with knowledge will move the project forward.

Chris--

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 01:15 PM