IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Your Recommendation - Which Distro For My C860
pdahero
post Jun 27 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,435

I'm thinking of changing the ROM on my c860. The two most interesting right now are pdaXrom and Cacko. I have a few questions about the install, etc.

1. How easy is it to install and how long does it take? (I've done a quick once-over of the documentation.)

2. I'd like to be able to use my WiFi card (http://www.ambicom.com/products/wave2net/wl1100c-cf.html) without any config if possible. Which distro makes that possible (or easiest)?

3. I'd like to keep Japanese input and display abilities. Is Cacko better for that?

4. How do I go about syncing with my PC after I've changed my distro? Does "Zaurus Drive" still work?

5. If I b0rk everything up, how easy is it to reset the whole thing back to factory condition?

I know I should RTF threads, FAQs & documentation, but I'm really busy during the days and don't have a lot of time sad.gif Any help here is greatly appreciated! cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
adf
post Jun 27 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(pdahero @ Jun 27 2007, 11:33 PM)
I'm thinking of changing the ROM on my c860. The two most interesting right now are pdaXrom and Cacko. I have a few questions about the install, etc.

1. How easy is it to install and how long does it take? (I've done a quick once-over of the documentation.)

2. I'd like to be able to use my WiFi card (http://www.ambicom.com/products/wave2net/wl1100c-cf.html) without any config if possible. Which distro makes that possible (or easiest)?

3. I'd like to keep Japanese input and display abilities. Is Cacko better for that?

4. How do I go about syncing with my PC after I've changed my distro? Does "Zaurus Drive" still work?

5. If I b0rk everything up, how easy is it to reset the whole thing back to factory condition?

I know I should RTF threads, FAQs & documentation, but I'm really busy during the days and don't have a lot of time  sad.gif Any help here is greatly appreciated!  cool.gif

I don't know about pdaXrom and japanes--don' use japanese. Yuor wifi card shouldn't be a problem, and doing a Nand restore will reset you Z pretty well (images can be found at trisoft, I think).

I prfer pdaXrom, but don't know the status of pdaXii13 for an 860.

If thre is no pdaXii13 for 860, then cacko will be mor manageable for you, imho. Others will surely see things diferently.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:12 AM