IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tkc/sharp 3.13 Roms W/ 2 Gig Sd/home Fix
kb7sqi
post Jul 1 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,376

I figured I'd post this to the forums & clear up some misconceptions. First off, if you look back in the thread on the tkcrom w/ home on sd thread, I had posted back in November that I had modified the tkcroms v1 & v2 to use the modified 2 gig sd module and hadn't had any problems testing them. I also modified the stock sharp rom 3.13 the same way. I didn't really do anything special here. All I did was take the /root/etc/rc.d/rs.sysinit script from the TKC V2 ROM & put them in the other 2 roms. I also just swapped out the sd module for the newer one. Extracting the rom on a linux box is pretty simple & just copy'ing some files then doing a mkcramfs on the extracted directory. Nothing special. biggrin.gif I just wanted to have that stuff in rom so I didn't have to add it after the fact. I'm attaching the initrd.bin files here so that way anyone can try them out. I also used the same prep-sd script mentioned in the tkcrom thread, version 5. I didn't modify it in anyway. Last thing. I've read in a few of the threads about trying to use the 2 gig sd module on other Z's. I don't recommend you try this. unsure.gif It's not going to work. If you searched the forums, you'll notice that the 5000/5500 Z's don't have a "standard" sd slot like the 5600 and above. That's why OZ versions prior to the 2.6 kernel had to use the same sd module that either came w/ the stock 5500 rom or the modified one mentioned above. I have 5 different Z's and I like them all, but I'll hardly claim to be an expert. cool.gif I hope the files will be useful to someone. If you have any questions, feel free to add to the post.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  initrd.bin_sharprom3.13_sl5500.2g.sd.fix.gz ( 13.93MB ) Number of downloads: 159
Attached File  initrd.bin_sharprom3.13_sl5500.sd.home.2g.sd.fix.gz ( 13.93MB ) Number of downloads: 111

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pengunassasin
post Sep 23 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,129

So I already have a 1gig Home on SD Cacko (obviously)... so effectively, to use the 2gig update, i'd simply shove this onto a CF card formatted fat16, Bootable, shove that into my Z, flash, reset, run? does this also fix the Cant-Sync-With-QTopia problem?

+Quote Post
tux
post Sep 23 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(pengunassasin @ Sep 23 2007, 02:47 PM)
So I already have a 1gig Home on SD Cacko (obviously)... so effectively, to use the 2gig update, i'd simply shove this onto a CF card formatted fat16, Bootable, shove that into my Z, flash, reset, run? does this also fix the Cant-Sync-With-QTopia problem?

cool.gif Point 1: Not quite. You'd need to run the home-on-sd script and reinstall all your apps. I find that sticking all the ipks on the flashing CF card is useful. Then just ipkg install *.ipk from the console while in the /mnt/cf directory. If you then use the package installer and uninstall one of your apps and then reinstall the links are sorted for you. smile.gif

Point 2: Do you mean synching with Qtopia desktop in Linux? If so, no joy, this was lost with the Sharp 3.10 roms.

Cheers biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:29 PM