Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Compiliing Drivers, How do I do it
flowersrj
post Jul 29 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,523

Hi,

Where can I find out/learn how to compile? I have source code for the driver for a compact flash SparkLan wifi card? I am looking for simple instructions as I am new at Linux and the SL-5500.

Alternately, is there a wifi compact flash card that supports WPA on the SL-5500 thats easy to install?

Thanks,
Rich
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
flowersrj
post Jul 31 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,523

Not trying to step on people's toes but ...

I had hoped someone could point me to a comprehensive 'how to' URL for people who know nothing about Linux but have a little computer know how. Or, must I spend unrealistic time learning developer skills in order to get the linux source code compiled that came with my compact disk wifi card so I can use it with a 5500? Or, did I stumble into the wrong forum--for which I apologize.

I appreciate the work developers do but I am just an end user trying to get my wifi adapter with WPA working. I just don't want to make it my life's work.

I am hoping that it is not a case of 'it took me this long and I am expect others to spend as much time to learn it as I did'.

Rich

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 2 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(flowersrj @ Aug 1 2007, 08:25 AM)
Not trying to step on people's toes but ...

I had hoped someone could point me to a comprehensive 'how to' URL for people who know nothing about Linux but have a little computer know how.  Or, must I spend unrealistic time learning developer skills in order to get the linux source code compiled that came with my compact disk wifi card so I can use it with a 5500?  Or, did I stumble into the wrong forum--for which I apologize. 

I appreciate the work developers do but I am just an end user trying to get my wifi adapter with WPA working.  I just don't want to make it my life's work. 

I am hoping that it is not a case of 'it took me this long and I am expect others to spend as much time to learn it as I did'.

Rich

it is a matter of "if it was simple, there would have been lots of howtos written already and lots of precompiled modules available for download", however, the reality is that it is not such an easy task and and hardly anyone has tried to do it, and here you come along and ask for people to give you a step by step guide on how it is done and when people tell you it is not easy to do and you need to figure it out youself since nobody else has, but are willing to give you some guidelines, you make accusations....

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:59 AM