Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,928

I've noticed that the nokia BL-5C Original battery is:
it's a Li-Ion just like the Z battery and has the same nominal tension,
it's nominally 850mA/h,
very light (will not impact much on overall weight),
just slightli thicker then a standard CF,
without the plastic enclosuer it's also about 3 mm longer then a CF.

So overall it should fit in the space left bay the missing MD and add an extra 50% battery life which is not bad.

Next time I open it up I'll check ... I also need to get another BL-5C battery to dismantle out of the plastic casing.

Now some more conciderations:
is it safe to have another Li-Ion in parallel with the standard Z battery ?
will the different capacities of the batteries cause any trouble ?
can the internal charge circuitary handle the 2 batteryes in parallel ?
how long will it take to charge the 2 batteries (currently my C1k charges overnight ... I fear that the night will not be enough for bothe) ?

Any conciderations are wellcome ;-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
louigi600
post Aug 7 2007, 04:21 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,928

Hum .... 32kHz quarts can most likely be retreaved from an old mobo or an old mobile phone or any piece of scrap will do .... the problem would be placing the oscilator circuit near where it needs to be.

I stopped looking itnto the thing when I saw that the RTC is inside the PXA270 and that it's power domain is internally generated (VCC_RTC RTC and power manager supply Switched between VCC_OSC and VCC_CORE) looks like you need to power up core to get RTC powered ... so that would be kind of pointless (and you would also not be able to power down properly the pxa270) .... so unless I'm way wrong it's not acheivable this way.

Waht could be done is maybe find 2 spare gpio pins and have a separate home mede RTC that comunicates serial with the system. Tthis could be done with a PIC microcontroller for instance ... i've seen amongs the application notes something that would keep time more or less as accurately as a standard RTC just by using the internal XT oscillator and an external xtal, te serial routines can be implemented by the pic itself. It could me bade to fit very confortably in the spare MD slot or even in the black mmc pcb separator ... but writing a kernel driver for it is a totally different story ;-) .... it takes much less effort to just set the clock manually when you need it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 02:11 AM