Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Foleo Info
Da_Blitz
post Aug 11 2007, 05:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,806

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13249

looks like some nice features, 128MB of ram, wifi bluetooth, CF SD video out and a 2700G coupled to an intel pxa270 @ 416Mhz

i know i am getting one, its intresting that they say that it wont support bluetooth file trasfers, i hope they are not reinventing the wheel instead of using the bluez stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Da_Blitz
post Aug 13 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,806

i belive the NDA is because the device hasent been released and the api for developing applications, i dont belive it will take much to get into this thing, im betting on uboot with 3 flash partions, kernel, rootfs, userfs

i belive most people are missing the point with the foleo, but thats because i use my computers diffrently from most people, i use linux fulltime on nearly all my devices and i do 90% of my stuff on a command line, most of the articles i see are people who want to use it as a normal windows laptop and play youtube on it, i want video out and the ability to watch moives as well as a cmd line and firefox/thunderbird so its the ideal device for me when i need something bigger

when it comes to the foleo i believe the are marketing it wrong by saying companion, just come out and say its a keyboard and larger screen with prettier graphics for your mobile

the one thing it does have over the other two is good looks and the ability (once i am done with it) to get much better battery life. i would sell my Kohjinsha for the foleo (with CF card)

if anything i would compare it to the rest of the market as i wooud compare the Z to the rest of the PDA market (i dont believe th Z and this compete, the z is good for some things and this for others)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 11:17 PM